Top
Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Samsung to disrupt mid-price smartphone segment this Diwali

Samsung to disrupt mid-price smartphone segment this Diwali

Sentinel Digital DeskBy : Sentinel Digital Desk

  |  23 Aug 2018 2:05 PM GMT

Gurugram: In an apparent warning to Chinese players in India, a top Samsung executive said here on Wednesday that the company is once again refreshing its mid-price segment smartphones with flagship premium features for the upcoming festive quarter. According to DJ Koh, President and CEO of IT and Mobile Communications Division, Samsung Electronics, the fourth quarter (October-December) in India will see some exciting launches that will completely alter the course of the mid-segment market — a space that is currently flooded with Chinese variants.

“Since February this year, I have changed my strategy for the Indian market as the competition got tough and terrain harsh. We dominated in some areas while struggle in some during the course. “You will now see devices coming from us in the mid-segment space with flagship features and functionalities that will delight our customers in India,” Koh announced during a media round-table after unveiling Samsung Galaxy Note 9 here — his first flagship launch in the country

Not just smartphones, Koh said the company is going to offer a wide range of smart devices for its evolving Indian fans. “I am building a complete ecosystem of smart devices for the millennials in India. We are not concerned about the sales numbers but focus on creating a trust bond with our customers and partners in the country where we are the leader for years,” Koh emphasised.

Samsung dominated the premium smartphone segment in India in the first half of 2018 with almost half the market share, said a CyberMedia Research (CMR) report last week. Samsung (48 per cent) was followed by Chinese smartphone player OnePlus, which grabbed the second spot with 25 per cent share, and Apple with 22 per cent share. (IANS)

Next Story