By Rupam Goswami
It has been three proud years of the BJP government under the strong leadership of Prime Minister rendra Modi , since the honorable president of India administered the oath of office to the PM and his cabinet on may 26, 2014. In these three years of NDA government, the Prime Minister has been successful in uplifting the image of India in the world scerio. India has achieved great heights in the global sphere due to PM rendra Modi’s untiring efforts. The common people of India had brought this government with unprecedented majority and with much hope of getting relief from the corrupted governce of Congress party.
The BJP-led government came into power with the goal of making a corruption-free India. The main issue of the party in the election was to bring a change in the country. With the motto “Sabka Saath Sabka Vikash”, the government is trying carry the flow of development to the utmost parts of society. Following the motto, the aim is to transform and empower the weakest and the most neglected sections of Indian society, without any bias for caste, creed or religion. The theme of good governce of the government refers to the administration where even the weakest and the most vulnerable section of the society have an equal stake in charting the country’s growth. To provide a clean and efficient government to the public the government always committed to the ideals of transparency, efficiency and responsiveness.
If we look back at the completion of three years of Modi government, we can see that many schemes were introduced during the period. Here are some of the main schemes carrying much promise of development encompassing various sectors:
* Pradhan Mantri Dhan Jan yoja: Under this scheme, a total of approximately 20 crore zero balance bank accounts have been opened. Anyone can now open a bank account. The Prime Minister also launched two new lesser premium insurance policies to all the bank account holders, which are ‘Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yoja’ and ‘Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yoja’.
* Mudra: Mudra (Micro Units Development and Refince Agency) is a fincial institution set up by the Central government for development and refincing micro unit enterprises. The purpose of this scheme is to fund the non-corporate small business sector through various last mile institutions like banks, NBFC etc.
* PAHAL: To end the black marketing of LPG cylinders, the government introduced a direct benefit transfer of LPG (DBTL) scheme med PAHAL. This scheme is bringing reform in the subsidy system of LPG (cooking gas) and helping to transfer the subsidy benefits directly to the consumer’s bank account.
* Swachh Bharat: Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is a tionwide campaign by the government for a clean and green India. At the launch of the scheme, the Prime Minister said ‘a clean India would be the best tribute India could pay to Mahatma Gandhi on his 150 birth anniversary in 2019’
* Sukanya Samriddhi yoja: This scheme is launched by the government for the girl child. Under this scheme, a girl child between the age group of 0-10 will be benefitted with higher interest rates in her savings accounts. SSY account is to ensure a bright future for the girl child in India.
* Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yoja (PMUY): This welfare scheme is aimed at providing 5 crore free LPG connections to women from families below poverty lines. As of 3 April 2017, 2 crore LPG connections have already been provided. The main objective of the scheme is to safeguard the health of woman & children by providing them a clean cooking fuel LPG, so that they don’t have to compromise their health in smoky kitchens or wander about in unsafe areas collecting firewood.
* Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yoja (PMAY): The government of India took a major step towards ensuring that every homeless rural people can get a house by 2022, and therefore plans to build 1 crore houses within the period. Another part of the scheme is to built around 2 crore houses by 2022 for economically weaker people living in urban areas.
* Deendayal Upadhyaya Gramjyoti Yoja: The DDUGJY is one of the flagship programs of the government to facilitate 24x7 supply of power. As of 14th March, 2017, a total of 13,988 villages have been electrified among 18,452 un-electrified villages in India.
* Skill India: Skill India is a campaign launched by the government which aims to train over 40 crore unemployed youths in the country in different skills by 2022. A total number of 25 lakh youths have been imparted with different skills till date.
This apart, various mega schemes likle Atal Pension Yoja, Make in India, Stand Up India, Start Up India, Mission Indradhanush, Beti Bachao Beti Padhao, Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchan Yoja, etc. have been launched by the BJP-led government at the Centre in recent times, which promise to change the face of the country before long.
While the BJP-led NDA government has completed three years at the Centre, in Assam too, the BJP-led government has completed one year in glorious manner. Under the strong leadership of Chief Minister Sarbanda Sonowal, the BJP-led coalition in Assam was able to secure a historic victory by ending the 15 years of rule of the Congress party. The incoming government from the first day in office has been conducting a bold campaign against corruption. The BJP-led government came to power with the slogan ‘Jati Mati Bheti’. In his first day in office, the Chief Minister first of all visited the NRC office and asked the officials about improving the exercise of NRC update which is a matter of sentiment for the people of Assam. The newly elected government has also been taking decisive steps in eviction from reserved forests and in the xatras, and the sealing of India-Bangladesh border in Assam area. Another major step taken by this government was to investigate the mega scam in APSC. APSC, the highly corrupted civil service examition board of Assam, has damaged the bureaucracy system of the State badly and therefore the government ordered an investigation. This has resulted in arrest of several high officials of the board, exposing a huge racket of selling government jobs. Apart from these steps, the BJP-led government is taking significant steps in the State like repairing of the roads and dams, declaring Majuli as a full-fledged district, opening approximately 7,00,000 bank accounts for tea tribe people, demolishing the illegal syndicate system etc. (To be continued)