General Nursing and Midwifery, commonly referred to as GNM is a three-year and six-month diploma course that is designed for aspirants who are willing to pursue a career in clinical nursing. The main objective of the course is to prepare nurses who can effectively perform as a member of the health team and proficient in dealing with the competencies in both hospital and such other organisations. Assam General Nursing and Midwifery, commonly known as Assam GNMEE, is an entrance examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of various 10+2 level subjects for admission into the GNM program. Directorate for Welfare of Tea and Ex Tea Garden Tribe, Government of Assam conducts this exam every year for admission into various government and private nursing colleges of Assam. Apart from this, other institutions such as Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences (SSUHS) also conduct the GNM entrance exam. Every year thousands of aspirants appear for this competitive exam to peruse their dream of becoming a nurse. The notification for Assam GNM is released by Srimanta Sankaradev University of Health Sciences, Assam. Assam GNM is expected to conduct in March. However, the board has not declared any specific date for Assam GNMEE 2021.
Assam GNMEE 2021 Exam Important Dates
The notifications regarding the dates of Assam GNM 2021 are expected to be released soon by the conducting body. Aspirant can keep track of all the important dates of Assam GNM 2021 here...
Assam GNM Entrance Exam(GNMEE) Event
Assam GNMEE 2021 Registration Start
4th week of February
Registration Last Date
2nd week of March
Release of Admit Card
To be announced
Assam GNMEE 2021 Exam Date
To be announced
Declaration of Result
To be announced
2nd week of June
Assam GNM 2021 Application Form
The registration process for Assam GNMEE 2021 will be starting soon. Here is some detail information regarding the application process of Assam GNM 2021.
- The application procedure of Assam GNM 2021 is completely online.
- Aspirants need to visit the official website of Assam GNM 2021 for the registration process.
- The first phase of the registration process will require a valid email ID and a phone number.
- After completing the registration process, aspirants need to fill up all the necessary information mentioned in the application form. Students need to be very careful during this process. The data provided should be supported by valid document proof.
- After completing the above steps, aspirants need to pay the examination fee.
- Download the application form after completing the payment process. Keep the application form for your future reference.
Assam GNMEE 2021 Application Fee
Here are some details regarding Assam GNM 2021 that you need to know.
- The registration amount for the GNM examination is Rs 1000/-
- The payment of the application fee can be done via internet banking/debit card/credit card.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
Assam GNMEE 2021 Entrance Eligibility
We will now have a look at the general exam eligibility as well as the educational qualifications for Assam GNM 2021 entrance exam.
Below you can find all the information on the Assam GNMEE general eligibility:
- Only female candidates can appear for the Assam GNM course.
- The candidate should be an Indian citizen.
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Assam.
- The age of the candidate should not be less than 17 years as on 1st January 2021 and the maximum permissible age is 24 years as on 1 January 2021.
- For reserved category candidates, the upper age limit is as per the norms set by the government.
Assam GNMEE Education Qualifications
Information on the educational qualifications have been mentioned as under:
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board with minimum qualifying marks. The minimum qualifying marks are 40% for all candidates.
- Candidates with Arts subject (Vocational Streams only) are also eligible.
- Science candidates with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects are eligible.
- Candidates who have completed Class 12 from State Open School or NIOS (National Institute of Open School) are also considered eligible.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examinations with English as one of the compulsory subjects.
Assam GNMEE 2021 Exam Pattern
GNM entrance exam is usually conducted in offline mode. However, the exam pattern for Assam GNM 2021 has not been declared yet. Let us have a good idea by looking at some important points about the GNM entrance exam of Assam.
- The total marks for the exam is 100.
- Questions will be in both Assamese and English language.
- The question paper contains a total of 100 questions of 1 mark each.
- The subjects involved in the question paper are: English, General Science, Social studies and General Mathematics
- There will be a total of 25 questions from each subject.
- Candidates have to fill in the OMR sheet using a blue/black ball pen to choose the correct answer.
Required Documents for Assam GNM 2021
Here is the list of documents that you need to upload while applying for Assam GNM 2021.
- Birth certificate/ Class 10th certificate.
- Copy of account information.
- Caste certificate.
- 10th mark sheet Copy
- Copy of Class 12th mark sheet.
- Caste and sub-caste Certificate Copy
Assam GNMEE 2021 Admit Card Release
The admit card of the Assam GNM 2021 will be published online once the registration process for the entrance exam is complete. Candidates need to visit the official website of Assam GNM 2021 to download the admit card. Candidate can use their registration details to log in to the portal.
Assam GNM Entrance Exam Centers
Candidates can select the preferred choice of Assam GNMEE exam centers during the application process. The details of the exam center are provided on the admit card. Candidates must check their exam center location and timing in the admit card properly.
Here are the names of the exam centers where you can apply for Assam GNM 2021.
Assam GNMEE 2021 Result Announcement
The result of the Assam GNM usually declares within one month of the exam. One can try to check their result on the official website of the entrance exam. GNM entrance exam merit list is published online. The merit list will include the names of the candidates who have qualified for the Assam GNMEE Nursing Entrance Test.
Assam GNMEE 2021 Cut Off
It is very difficult to predict the cut-off of such a highly competitive exam in advance. The cut-off of Assam GNM 2021 varies every year. It all depends on the various factors like the number of participants, the difficulty level of the examination, the number of seats that are available, and so on.
Assam GNM 2021 Counseling
The counselling starts immediately after the result declaration of the GNM entrance exam. It is the last round of the admission process. Candidates who have successfully cleared the cut-off of the GNM entrance exam can take part in the counselling process. The candidate needs to carry all the essential documents during the counseling process. The officials can ask for any of the documents. Therefore, do carry photocopies and originals. Selection of the candidate is done in the order of merit rank.
Assam GNMEE 2021 Admission Procedure
After completing the counselling process, candidates have to bring the following documents along with them for the final admission process. Here is the list of documents
- Class 10+2 Mark Sheet along with the Passing Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Admit Card of HSLC Exam
- Domicile Certificate
- Admit Card of the Assam GNMEE Nursing Entrance Test
- Character Certificate
- PWD Certificate
- Caste Certificate, etc.
Do check the official website for the notification regarding document verification. After completing the document verification process, the candidate can proceed to pay the admission fee.
Colleges for Assam GNM Course
Here is the list of colleges that offers GNM course in Assam...
- CPMS College of Nursing Guwahati
- Dispur Hospital School of Nursing, Dispur
- RIPT Group of Institutes, Guwahati
- NEPNI School of Nursing, Guwahati
- PBSPN, Guwahati
- Pratiksha School of Nursing, Guwahati
- Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences
Assam GNM 2021 Entrance Syllabus
GNM entrance exam usually involves four subjects - English, General Science, General Mathematics, and Social-studies. The detailed syllabus for Assam GNM 2021 has yet to be announced. Please check the official website of the exam http://www.ssuhs.in for a detailed syllabus for the entrance exam.
Course Structure of Assam GNM 2021
Here is the basic course structure of Assam GNM 2021:
Anatomy and Physiology
Introduction to anatomical terms
Organization of body cells, organs, tissues, etc.
Introduction and Scope of Microbiology
Infection and its transmission
Introduction to Laboratory Techniques
Psychology of Human Behaviour
Concept, Scope, and Nature of Sociology
Fundamentals of Nursing
Introduction to Nursing
Assessment of patient
Nursing care of patient/client
Therapeutic nursing care
Introduction to Pharmacology
Basic Nursing care and the needs of a patient
Importance of First-Aid
First-Aid in emergency situations
Concept of Health
Maintenance of Health
Medical-Surgical Nursing I
Patho Physiological Mechanism of Disease
Altered Immune Response
Review of infection including how it spreads and its control
Isolation- review of epidemiology and control measures
Care, reparation, and administration of antisera and vaccines
Management of various infectious diseases
Ear, Nose, and Throat
Disorders and diseases of the nose, ear, and throat.
Assessment of the functions of nose, ear, and throat.
Management of disorders and diseases of nose, ear, and throat
Nursing Management of Patients with abnormal cell growth
The classification of cancer
The detection and prevention of cancer
Mental Health and Psychiatric Nursing
Mental Health Assessment
Psychiatric Nursing Management
History of Psychiatric
Community Mental Health
Community Health Nursing
Introduction to computers and disk operating systems
Introduction to database
Computer aided teaching and testing
Introduction to word processing
Graphics and use of Statistical packages
Midwifery and Gynaecological Nursing
Nursing Management of pregnant women
Nursing Management of women in Labour
Complications of pregnancy and its management
Community Health Nursing - II
Health System in India
Healthcare services in India
Health planning in India
Specialized Community health services
Vital health statistics
The concept in child healthcare
The Healthy child
Children with various disorders and diseases
Welfare of children
Assam GNM Contact Details
Here are the contact details for Assam GNM 2021 ....
- Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences
Narakasur Hilltop, Bhangagarh,
Guwahati: 781032, Assam, India
Phone No: +91 0361 2130431
- Office of the Directorate of Tea Tribes Welfare
Assam GNM Entrance Exam Related FAQs
Q. Is there any change in the question pattern of Assam GNM 2021?
Ans: Board has not declared any change in exam pattern so far.
Q. How can I get the result of Assam GNM 2021?
Ans: You need to check the official website www.ssuhs.in on a regular basis.
Q. Which are the best books for preparation for the GNM Entrance Exam 2021?
Ans. You can try to go through these books to prepare for the GNM Entrance Exam 2021:
- Fundamentals of GNM Nursing by Poonam Sharda
- General Nursing and Midwifery by Upkar's
- General Nursing and Midwifery by Nisha Clement
Q. What is the difference between GNM and ANM?
Ans: ANM (Auxiliary Nursing and Midwifery) is Auxiliary Nursing Course or simply Nursing Assistant. It helps in preparing to work as primary health care in remote rural areas. A student can join ANM after the 10th class. The duration is one and a half years.
GNM (Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery) is a basic "Nursing" course and can call as a Nurse after diploma. 10+2 students can join for GNM. Previously, the duration was 3 years but now it is 3 years and 6 months compulsory internship.
Q. What are the career options after GNM nursing?
Ans: There are many career options after completing GNM Nursing. You can work as a Staff Nurse, Home Nurse, Community health worker, Clinic Nurse Specialist, Health Visitor, Certified Nursing Assistant, Nursing Tutor, and so on.
Q. How do I prepare for GNM nursing in Assam Government College if I am from an Arts background?
Ans: You should try to go through some competitive exam books for nursing like Arihant. You also need to have some basic idea about Physics, Biology, and Chemistry in order to crack the exam.
Also Watch: #CandidConversation With Team ARRANGED