In the latest notification released by the Irrigation Department, there are vacant posts for Grade IV positions. These posts are under several divisional offices of the Irrigation Department. Candidates, interested in applying for these posts, could easily apply online.
The Irrigation Department of Assam was established by the State Government. The Ministry of Irrigation and Flood Control were responsible for the works carried out in this department. The government came to the realisation of the importance of this department during the period of seventies. Hence, the year 1974 witnessed the establishment of an autonomous irrigation department.
The objective of this department is to utilise the available groundwater and surface water for better functioning in the agricultural fields. As such, the crops will get sufficient water for nourishment and growth resulting in good production in the end. This increases the potential of the agricultural fields.
Assam Irrigation Department Recruitment 2021
The vacant posts are of Grade IV level. The vacant number of posts is 227. The divisional offices, where these vacancies are available, include- Jorhat, Bongaigaon, Sibsagar, Rangia, Golaghat, Tezpur, Nalbari, Mangaldai, Nagaon, Tinsukia, Guwahati, and Goalpara
Eligibility Criteria for Assam Irrigation Department Job Openings
- The applicant's age must not be below 18 years and should not exceed 40 years on January 1, 2021.
- There is a relaxation of age for reserved categories, such as the maximum age limit for ST and SC applicants is 45 years. Also, for MOBC and OBC applicants, the upper age limit is 43 years.
- In terms of academic qualification, the least requirement is to be class 8 passed. Applicants who completed Higher Secondary, i.e., 10+2, are not permitted to seek these posts.
- Each applicant must hold citizenship of India, according to Article 5-8 as propounded in the Indian Constituency. In addition, the job-seekers must be permanent inhabitants of the state of Assam.
- Another essential requirement is to produce the employment exchange number, as well as the updated registration certificate.
Irrigation Department Job Selection Process
The aspirants, who got selected after fulfilling all the necessary criteria, have to sit for an objective type examination. This test carries 100 marks and its time period is 2 hours, i.e., 120 minutes.
The entire test consists of the mentioned categories- General English, Assamese Language Skills, and General Knowledge.
The division of marks based on these categories are as shown-
- General English comprises 25 marks
- Assamese Language Skills comprises25 marks
- General Knowledge comprises 50 marks
Irrigation Department Job Application Process
The irrigation department has an individual recruitment portal for each district. Interested aspirants can visit the authorised online gateway of the concerned district and complete the application form online mode.
Jobs in Guwahati Irrigation Department
For the Irrigation Department of the Guwahati sector, the beginning date for filling the application form was 22nd February 2021, and the end date of filling it was 8th March 2021. In the notification, released by the department, there is a total vacancy of 94 posts for the Grade-IV level. These posts include Peon, Khalasi, and Chowkidar. These posts belong to the 19 different divisions of the Irrigation Department in Guwahati. The procedure of applying is entirely online.
Assam Irrigation Department Vacancy - Category-wise
- For the Unreserved (UR) category- There are 39 posts.
- For the OBC category- There are 31 posts.
- For the SC category- There are 6 posts.
- For the ST Plains category- There are 9 posts.
- For the ST Hills category- There are 5 posts.
- For EWS- There are 4 posts.
- For PWD- There are 5 posts.
Candidates do not need to pay any fee to apply for the posts under the Irrigation Department.
Irrigation Department Exam Pattern
The applications have to appear for an objective written test after their applications get accepted. The date, time, and venue of the test will be mentioned on the admit card. The admit card will be available in the official portal of the department. The applicants have to download the same and sit for the test.
Candidates with no admit card will not be debarred from appearing in the examination. The total mark of the test is 100.
The applicants with qualifying marks will have to bring all the original certificates. In addition, for further verification, they have to submit a photograph that is self-attested. All these need to be submitted on the date and venue notified by the authority.
The merit list will be completely based on the marks that they scored on the test. The authority will release only one list for the posts, i.e., for Peon, Khalasi, and Chowkidar, and also for all the categories, such as SC, ST, UR, OBC, and so on.
Step-by-Step Application Process
- Interested applicants have to visit the official portal of the concerned department for completing the application form available there. The form could be accessed through the given site - https://niyukti.assam.gov.in/irrigationguwahati
- All the required testimonials/documents need to be uploaded to the portal. These documents need to be in the format of JPEG, PNG, PDF, or JPG.
- The testimonials, academic certificates, and any extra qualifications must be self-attested before uploading.
- For verification of age, the applicants need to upload their admit card of HSLC (High School Leaving Certificate) or any other similar examination.
- In the case of candidates, who did not appear for the HSLC examination, they can provide their birth certificate furnished by the genuine authority. Unacceptable documents for verification of age include any kind of affidavit or horoscope.
- The photograph that needs to be uploaded must be a passport size. Also, it must be a coloured photo. The specific dimension of the photograph is 3.50 cm in height and 2.50 cm in width. Also, its background should be white. The format of the photograph should be PNG or JPG or JPEG. The size of the file should not be less than 25 kb and not greater than 50 kb.
- The signature should also be self-attested with a dimension of 1.50 cm in height and 2.50 cm in width. The format of the file should be JPEG or JPG. The size should not be greater than 30 kb and not less than 10 kb.
- Updated Employment Exchange Certificate must be provided along with all the other certificates.
- Applicants who belong to the reserved categories, such as SC, STh, STP, etc. have to submit their authentic caste certificate.
- In the case of applicants of PWD or EWS categories, they have to provide their certificates furnished by genuine authorities.
- In the portal, the candidates will find Form A, which has to be filled and submitted while filling the application form.
- Another requirement is proof of residence. For this, Aadhar Card or Voter ID Card, or PRC can be submitted.
- The applicants must give their working email id as well as a contact number to receive any further notifications.
The pay scale of Grade IV level ranges from INR 12,000 to INR 52,000, along with grade pay of INR 3,900.
Assam Irrigation Department Exam Pattern
The time period for the entire test is 150 minutes or 2 hours and 30 minutes. The total mark of the test is 100. It comprises only objective types of questions. There is no provision for descriptive types of questions. The division of subjects includes General English, General Knowledge, Language Skills in Assamese, and Aptitude.
The distribution of marks is as follows-
- The General English section carries 20 marks.
- The General Knowledge section carries 40 marks.
- The Assamese Language Skills section carries 20 marks.
- The Aptitude section carries 20 marks.
Irrigation Department Exam Syllabus
To be well-prepared for the test, interested aspirants must know the complete syllabus of the exam. This will help them to prepare a proper plan and study according to the requirements of the test. The aspirants, first, need to download or note down the syllabus for the Grade IV posts-
This topic comprises Reading Comprehension, Homophones or Homonyms, Error Correction, Format for Letter Writing, Prepositions, Conjunctions, One Word Substitution, Phrases and Idioms, Voice Change: Active and Passive, Antonyms, Synonyms, Precis Writing, Correction of Sentences, Tenses.
This topic includes Probability, Aptitude of Arithmetic, Percentage, Permutation & Combination, Profit & Loss, Problems on Age, Simple and Compound Interest, Average, Ratio & Proportion, Pipes & Cisterns, Interpretation of Data, Time and Speed, Partnership, Mensuration, Coding & Decoding, Mixture & Allegation, Problems on Steam Boat, and Number Series.
It consists of Scientific Observations, National News, International News, Famous Places of India, World Organisations, Capitals and Countries, Science & Innovations, Books and their Authors, Latest Inventions, India & its Neighbouring Countries, Political Science, Important Dates, National Current Affairs, International Current Affairs, Music & Literature, Indian History, Culture of India, India's Geography, Spots for Tourism and their Importance, India's Economic Issues, Handicrafts, and Tribes.
Irrigation Department of Nagaon Job Vacancy
In the notification released by the Irrigation Department of Nagaon, there are vacant posts for 29 Grade IV Khalasi, Peon, and Chowkidar. These posts are for the different divisions of offices in the district of Nagaon. Aspirants who fulfil all the eligibility criteria can apply for the same.
A total of 21 posts are vacant for Peon or Chowkidar.
- For Unreserved, there are 7 posts.
- For OBC or MOBC, there are 4 posts.
- For SC and STP, there are 1 and 3 posts respectively.
- For PWD, there are 6 posts.
A total of 8 posts are there for Khalashi.
- For Unreserved, there are 3 posts.
- For OBC or MOBC, there are 2 posts.
- For SC, there is 1 post.
- For EWS, there are 2 posts.
Aspirants who score qualifying marks in the test, he/she will be appointed to the given vacant posts. These qualified applicants will be offered a pay scale of INR 12,000 to INR 52,000 along with grade pay of INR 3,900.
Irrigation Department Tinsukia Jobs
In the Irrigation Department of Tinsukia, there is a vacancy for three Grade-IV posts. These posts are in the Irrigation division of Tinsukia under the Executive Engineer Establishment. The beginning date for filling online application form was 20th February 2021. The end date for the same was 6th March 2021.
Goalpara Irrigation Department Jobs
The South Goalpara Irrigation Department has a vacancy for ten Grade-IV posts. These vacancies are under the circle of South Goalpara.
There are six posts for Peon or Chowkidar and four posts for Khalashi.
- For Unreserved, there are 5 posts.
- For OBC or MOBC, there are 2 posts.
- For SC and STP, there is 1 post each.
- For STH, there is 1 post.
Nalbari Irrigation Department Jobs
The official notification released the beginning date for filling the online application form on 19th February 2021 and the end date on 5th March 2021. The number of vacancies in the North circle of the Nalbari Irrigation Department is 22. These posts belong to the Grade-IV level.
Category-wise Job Vacancy
For the post of Peon, there is a vacancy for seven posts. Five posts belong to the Unreserved category, three posts belong to the OBC or MOBC category, one post belongs to each SC and STP category.
For the post of Khalashi, there is a vacancy for eleven posts. Four posts belong to the Unreserved category, three posts belong to the OBC or MOBC category, one post belongs to each SC and STP category, one post for each STP and EWS category.
For the post of APPO, there is one vacant post in the Unreserved category.
Irrigation Department Admit Card Release
The release of the admit card will be notified in the portal of the Irrigation Department of Assam. Each candidate, after fulfilling all the necessary conditions, will receive their admit card making them eligible for appearing the test. The date, time, and venue of the test will be mentioned in the admit card. Failing to bring the admit card to the examination venue will result in being debarred from appearing for the test. To download the admit card, the applicant has to visit the online gateway of the irrigation department and click on the required link of admit card. There one has to enter the registration details and password to get access to the admit card and download it.