In the latest notification released by the Assam Secretariat, there are 86 vacant posts for Computer Operator. These posts are for both Assamese and English Language. Aspirants who are keen to apply for these vacant post can apply online.
The beginning of the application process was on 4th February 2021, and the end date was 20th February 2021. It was open till midnight of 20th February.
Initially, Assam Secretariat was a fragment of the Department of Finance. In the beginning, i.e., in 1930, only five departments of secretariate were operating along with a few minor branches. Under these departments, only 35 and 124 upper and lower division assistants respectively. Hence, the working strength of the administrative departments was low in the beginning. With the passage of time, this department has increased its work strength.
Assam Secretariat Computer Vacancy Recruitment 2021
There are 68 vacant posts for Computer Operators of English Language and 18 vacant posts for Computer Operators of Assamese Language.
Assam Secretariat Job Vacancy: Category-wise
- For the category of STP (Scheduled Tribe Plains), there are 7 posts that are vacant.
- For the category of STH (Scheduled Tribe Hills), there are 4 posts that are vacant.
- For the category of SC (Scheduled Caste), there are 6 posts that are vacant.
- For the category of OBC (Other Backward Classes) or MOBC (Minorities and Other Backward Classes), there are 34 vacant posts.
- For the Unreserved category, there are 25 vacant posts.
- For people who are differently-abled, there are 4 vacancies.
- For EWS (Economically Weaker Section), there are 6 vacant posts.
- For Women, 30% of all categories are reserved.
- For Ex-Servicemen 2% of all categories are reserved.
Assam Secretariat Eligibility Criteria
- The aspirants must hold citizenship of India to apply for these posts.
- The aspirants must possess an employment exchange certificate which should be a valid and updated one. This registration certificate must be of Assam.
- The minimum age required to apply for the post is 18, and the maximum is 40 on 1st January 2021.
- There are a few relaxations, in terms of age, for the following categories-
- For SC and ST applicants, there is a relaxation of 5 years
- For OBC or MOBC applicants, there is a relaxation of 3 years.
- For Ex-Servicemen, there is a relation of 2 years.
- For PWD applicants, there is a relaxation of 10 years.
- The least academic qualification needed to apply for this post is graduation. Applicants who pursued graduation in Science or Commerce or Arts can apply. It should be from a recognised university. A candidate with an equivalent degree, which is recognized by the state government, is also eligible to apply.
- A six months diploma in computer application or certificate in computer application is a necessary qualification. It should also be from an institute recognized by the state government.
Secretariat Job Selection Process
The selection procedure for Computer Operators, in Assam Secretariat, comprises two phases.
- The first phase includes sitting for an objective pattern test. Only applicants who fulfilled all the eligibility conditions will be called for the test. The date of conducting the test will be mentioned in the portal of the concerned department. The objective pattern test holds 100 marks and the duration of the test is 120 minutes or 2 hours. Also, the test is not descriptive in nature rather it will be administered on OMR sheets.
- In the second phase, aspirants with qualifying marks will be selected to sit for a practical test. Aspirants who scored good marks in the objective test will appear for the practical test of computer in Guwahati. This practical test holds 100 marks. In this phase, for one vacant post, four qualified applicants will be selected based on the marks they scored in the written test.
Secretariat Job Application Process
Aspirants, who are keen to apply for these posts, have to visit the official portal of the Assam Secretariat. For completing the application process, the following documents are mandatory-
- A scanned copy of the signature.
- A passport size photograph of the applicant. The photograph should not be old.
- HSLC Admit Card or Passing Certificate of HSLC.
- Marksheet and Certificate of graduation.
- Registration Certificate of Employment Exchange of Assam which must be a valid and updated one.
- A diploma in computer application or a certificate in computer application. The duration of the course should be at least 6 months.
- Under the rule of 5-I of the Assam Public Services, a declaration form has to signed by the aspirant.
- In the case of candidates of the reserved category, they must provide a caste certificate.
- In case of applicants who are physically disabled, must provide a certificate of disability from a genuine authority.
- In the case of EWS applicants, they must submit a certificate of income and properties which should be given by the office.
- In terms of Ex-Servicemen, they must submit the discharge document stating the book number, place, and date of issue.
Applicants can only apply through the prescribed form in online mode. Other modes of applying for the posts are not allowed or accepted. All the details and guidelines to fill the form are mentioned on the given website- www.recruitmentsad.in. It is mandatory to read and follow all the given guidelines before applying for the mentioned posts.
Application Procedure - Step by Step
- First, visit the official portal of the concerned department.
- Search for the link to the application form. It will direct the applicant to the online application form.
- Next, the applicant has to register himself or herself and provide all the needed details.
- Then uploading the required documents is the following step.
- Last, the candidate has to submit the application.
- It is not required to submit any hardcopy of the form or certificate to Assam Secretariat.
- Candidates must submit only one application to apply for the post.
- If in any case, an applicant submits more than one application then the candidate must make sure that the application form with a higher registration number must contain all the requisite information as it will be accepted by Assam Secretariat. The remaining application/s will be rejected.
- The final decision will be made by the Assam Secretariat's authorities for selecting the candidates to appear for the test.
- Applicants are instructed to keep on visiting the portal to check for updates regarding admit card, examination date, and venue.
Assam Secretariat Exam Course Syllabus
The objective pattern test comprises the following subjects- General Awareness, General English, and Computer Theory.
- The section on General Awareness carries 20 marks.
- The section of General English carries 40 marks.
- The section on Computer Theory carries 40 marks.
All the sections, together, sum up to 100 marks.
Syllabus Topics (Subject-Wise)
This section consists of grammar, error correction, spelling correction, vocabulary, the structure of the sentence, one-word substitution, phrases and idioms, antonyms, synonyms, passage, verbs, clauses, and adjectives.
This section comprises the constitution of India, five-year plans and budget, history, geography, economy, India, culture, economic news, financial news, scientific inventions and research, current affairs, capitals of countries, politics, sports news, and current affairs.
This section comprises MS Word, Use of Internet, MS Excel, MS Office, Web Page, PowerPoint Presentation, etc.
Recommended Books Secretariat Exam
Aspirants, seeking this job, must know the syllabus of the written test. Also, to secure the qualifying marks, one must have good references to study from. hence, the name of a few books are mentioned below for better preparation-
- S.P.Bakshi's Objective General English: It helps in improving the skills of the English language of the applicants and make them ready for the examination. The publisher of this book is Arihant.
- Rajiv Verma's Fast Track Objective Arithmetic
- General Knowledge by Lucent
- Priyam Goswami's The History of Assam
- The examination is objective in pattern.
- The questions are in the format of MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)
- The test consists of 100 questions.
- For each correct input, one mark is awarded.
- The time period of the test is 120 minute
Admit Card Release
The release of the admit card will be notified in the portal of the Assam Secretariat. Each candidate, after fulfilling all the necessary conditions, will receive their admit card making them eligible for appearing the test. The date, time, and venue of the test will be mentioned in the admit card. Failing to bring the admit card to the examination venue will result in being debarred from appearing for the test. To download the admit card, the applicant has to visit the online gateway of the Secretariat department and click on the required link of admit card. There one has to enter the registration details and password to get access to the admit card and download it.
The pay scale provided to the Computer Operators of Assam Secretariat is INR 14,000 to INR 60,500 along with grade pay of INR 6,200.
Centres of Examination
The centres where this examination is conducted include- Biswanath, Charaideo, Darrang, Dhemaji, Baksa, Barpeta, Cachar, Chirang, Dhubri, Dima Hasao, Dibrugarh, Goalpara, Hailakandi, Jorhat, Karbi Anglong, Hojai, Golaghat, Kamrup Metro, Karimganj, Kamrup, Kokrajhar, Nagaon, Lakhimpur, Tinsukia, Majuli, Morigaon, Sivasagar. South Salamara, Udalguri, and Sonitpur.
Benefits of Job in Assam Secretariat
- More job security as it is a government job.
- Good salary with various benefits.
- More respect is earned.
- Salary is given on time without any delay.
- Different types of allowance are given, such as house rent allowance, travelling allowance, and many more.
- Benefits, such as provident fund, arrears of salary are also provided.
- Medical benefits are also given to its employees.
Details of Assam Secretariat
The objective of the Assam Secretariat is to look over the matters of the secretariat's staff and officers. The different departments under the Assam secretariat include- the Branch of Establishment, Branch of Gazetted and PF Cell, Branch of Nazarat, Branch of Accounts, Issue Branch, Branch of Vehicle cell.
There are a variety of functions under the branch of Establishments. These functions are-
- Recruiting, training, sanctioning leave, transferring, posting, promotion, etc. of the non-gazetted staff except the Grade-IV personnel.
- Issues related to passes of cars, identity cards, entry pass to the Secretariat.
- Appointing cashier, accountant, nazir, etc.
- Maters of GCRG, pension, gratuity, GPF, NOC, GIS for International passports.
- Issues related to medical reimbursements.
The functions of the branch of Gazetted and PF Cell comprises-
- All staff's pay fixation.
- Service Book maintenance.
- VRS, GPF, JRS, Pension.
- Medical reimbursement and encashment of leaves.
- Confirmation of Gazetted officers.
- Pay protection, increment, and service fixation of Junior Administrative Assistants, Grade IV officials, drivers and many more.
- Grade II, Grade III and Stenographer's appointment.
The functions of the Nazarat branch comprises-
- Cleanliness and tidiness of the entire campus.
- Issues related to electrical appliances, stationeries, seals, stamps, furniture, and many more.
- Grade IV official's appointment and promotion, matters of establishment, creation, and retention of Grade IV officials.
- Grade IV officials pension and medical reimbursements.
- Refreshment bills.
The functions of the branch of Accounts include-
- Salary and bill preparation, allowance disbursements of the officers, ministers, and the entire staff of the Assam Secretariat.
- Maintenance of records of the expenditures.
- Issues related to income tax, PAC and Audit, arrear bill, and report of the inspection.
- TA and LTC bill preparation of both gazetted and non-gazetted employees.
- Maintenance of bills related to telephone, medical, and GIS of the officers.
- Bill preparation of salary, pension, AC, DCC, newspaper, fund allotment, mobile, withdrawal of RD.
The functions of the Issue Branch are-
- Dispatching and posting of government letters.
- Sorting and receiving all letters.
The functions of the Vehicle Cell Branch include-
- Matters of the establishment of the drivers.
- Purchase and sanction of cars for the purposes of the Secretariat.
- Allotment and repairing work of vehicles.