Top
Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Bahubali actor Prabhas donates Rs 4 cr to fight against COVID-19 pandemic

Bahubali actor Prabhas donates Rs 4 cr to fight against COVID-19 pandemic

Sentinel Digital DeskBy : Sentinel Digital Desk

  |  28 March 2020 6:47 AM GMT

HYDERABAD: Bahubali actor Prabhas has donated Rs 4 crore to fight COVID-19 pandemic in the country.

He made this announcement via Twitter.

So far India has reported 902 cases of coronavirus infection. 20 people have died so far.

Assam’s Hima Das has donated one month’s salary to COVID-19 relief fund in Assam. Generous donations from members of parliament, government agencies and others to the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund in the wake of the outbreak of coronavirus have started pouring in.

MP Bhubaneswar Kalita had also made an announcement that he would donate Rs 1 crore from his MP Local Area Development Fund for the setting up of a hospital in Guwahati for the treatment of coronavirus affected people. The MP also said that he would donate Rs 10 lakh from his personal account for the setting up on an ICU (intensive care unit) at Mahendra Mohan Choudhury Hospital (MMCH) in the city. MP and AIUDF president Badruddin Ajmal, on the other hand, made an announcement that he would donate Rs 1.50 crore from MPLAD Fund to the State exchequer for the treatment of patients affected by coronavirus.

While DNP Ltd donated Rs 10 lakh to the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund, Assam Livestock Development Agency Chairman Manoj Saikia donated his one-month salary, State-Level Advisory Committee for Students’ and Youth Welfare member-secretary Lakhya Konwar also donated a month’s salary.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi had announced nationwide three weeks lockdown starting from Tuesday midnight. All States and Union Territories will come under its purview.

Stating that “the next 21 days will be very crucial for India”, the Prime Minister added in a live telecast on Tuesday night, “We are taking all steps to ensure continuous supply of essential commodities. In view of the current situation, the nationwide complete lockdown will be in place for 21 days — three weeks. Today India is at the stage where our actions today will decide that to what extent we can bring down the impact of this disaster. This is the time to strengthen our resolve again and again.

He said this is an essential step to fight coronavirus decisively. He added that saving lives is priority as of now.

Also Read: COVID-19 update: India begins preparations in case coronavirus pandemic enters Stage 3

Also Watch: Coronavirus update: Buddhist Monastery in Naharkatika take extra prevention measures

Next Story