Happy Bhag Jayegi is a romantic comedy film series, released in 2016, which was written and directed by Mudassar Aziz and produced by Aanand L. Rai and Krishika Lulla. The movie stars Daina Penty as the free and straight-forward bride from Amritsar, who runs away from her own wedding ceremony (remember Julia Roberts in “Runaway Bride”?) and unintentionally arrives in Lahore, Pakistan. They are back with a sequel, “Happy Phir Bhag Jayegi.” Its cast group includes Daina Penty, Shotgun Junior, Jimmy Shergill, Ali Fazal, and Jassie Gill.
Diana returns as the eponymous character and the 'Dabangg' Co-star Sonakshi Sinha; Jimmy Shergill, Ali Fazal will have their appearance in this sequel too, to add the spice to the climax. The sequel marks the Bollywood debut of Punjabi actor-singer, Jassie Gill. The film released today. The sequel has all the attributes that make it the perfect entertainer.
Here are the five reasons why the movie, “Happy Phir Bhag Jayegi” is a treat (preferably, a weekend treat) for your family
- Bringing Back Same “Brutal Honesty” element: Usually, filmmakers recreate the same titles to cash in on the popularity. But Happy Phir Bhag Jayegi brings back the nostalgia of runaway bride drama and the elements that worked along, in the first part. Its characters are identifiable and loved by the audience.
- Best Time-spending Option with Family & Friends: It is not quite often that a movie comes our way, which delights families across generations or a group of friends, who collectively defines it as an entertaining film. Happy Phir Bhag Jayegi is a clean, light-hearted flick that has the ability to enthrall everyone.
- Every Single Character has an Important Role to play: With a variety of storylines and plots being catered to the viewers, completely nullifies the pre-conceived idea of a movie’s structure that comprised of a hero (who wins at the end); his beloved, a heroine; and a villain (negative role). These days, movies stand out independently beautiful, with every character playing a pivotal role and no ones is a low key. Hence, the performance of each and every character in this Colour Yellow Production produces a distinct and integral contribution to the movie.
- Sonakshi in a ‘Chulbulli’ Avtar: Sonakshi appears in a happy-innocent-dramatic role, which is likely to be enjoyed by her fans. The actress, whose earlier few outings presented her in a serious avatar like Akira, Ittefaq and in many more, she will be seen singing, dancing and cracking jokes.
- Amazing scripts/dialogue: The Happy series is known for its Urdu punch lines. Dialogues like ‘Tera Bhai, Mera Bhai’ as well as ‘Librarian Labrador’ have become popular with the audience. The sequel, too, has some memorable lines.
Today, fans are being treated with two films of different genres – Happy Phir Bhag Jayegi and Nawazuddin starter, “Genius”. While the former is a family entertainer, the latter appeals to the youth. Even though neither of the films features any Bollywood superstar, they do have an impressive line-up of actors like Jimmy Shergill, Sonakshi Sinha and Nawazuddin Siddiqui, who can draw a niche audience in masses to the theatres.
“The first installment did a decent business. The second one should open around Rs 2 to Rs 2.5 crore but it all depends on how the evening shows perform,” Karan Johar said. Even though the makers have retained the entire cast from the first part, one name that is missing is of critically appreciated and recognized actor cum producer from Deol-family; “Dev D” famed Abhay Deol. However, Karan Johar believes that it won’t have any impact on the film’s collection.
However, the film has failed to create a buzz and is unlikely to go past the Rs 1 crore marks on the day 1. Apart from competing against each other, these films will also face a tough competition thrown by Gold and Satyameva Jayate, which are going strong and steady at the box-office in their second week.