Every girl loves to wear lipstick as it is a cosmetic product that contains oils, waxes, pigments, and emollients that apply colour texture and even it protect our lips from harmful rays. Many colours and types of lipstick do exist. As with most other types of makeup, lipstick is typically but not exclusively, worn by women. Some lipsticks are also lipped balms that can also add colour and hydration.
About 5,000 years ago ancient Sumerian men and women were possibly the first to invent and wear lipstick. They used to crush some of the stones, which is known as gemstones and used them to make up their faces, mainly on the lips and around the eyes. Egyptians like Cleopatra crushed bugs to create a colour of red on their lips. Also, around 3000 BC to 1500 BC, women in the ancient Indus Valley Civilization applied red tinted lipstick to their lips for face decoration.
It is surely a go-to makeup, whether it is a quick fix or for a much detailed party looks. It is the most important part of the makeup that instantly changes our look from looking drab to stunning diva and also it has some skin benefits. Bhavya Chawla, Chief Stylist, Voonik and Vishal Mudgal, Make-up Expert, VLCC shares some benefits of Lipsticks:
1) A lot of lipsticks have sun protection ingredients, which protect your lips from the harmful UV rays.
2) Lipstick provides hydration as it has ingredients like Aloe Vera and vitamin E.
3) Lipstick defines your lips and brightens your smile as there are many shades of lipsticks that can provide you to choose the right shade.
4)Wearing a lipstick can complete your look, whether it is about looking more credible at a professional setting or sexier for a date night.
5) Women who wear lipstick feel more confident and powerful. As a matter of fact, they are usually perceived by others as being more attractive, and in control.
6) Lipstick is also a mood enhancer, which lifts our spirits during tough times. It instantly makes us feel empowered.
7) Lipsticks speak a lot about one's personality. While most of us will have dozens of lip colours, there will be 3-4 pet colours most used and easily worn almost everywhere.
8) Lipstick if chosen correctly can enhance your complexion. First, it is important to understand your skin undertone, whether it’s cool or warm or neutral then choose your type of favourite shade you would love to wear that makes you more beautiful.