Guwahati: The Kamrup (Metro) district administration has earmarked 15 more petrol pumps in the district which will be kept open during the 14-day lockdown period triggered by a coronavirus outbreak.
The 15 pumps have been identified for functioning during the Lockdown period for fuelling the vehicles of essential services and also the vehicles crossing through the National Highway 37 during the period. These pumps have been opened from June 30 onwards.
The list of petrol pumps is as follows:
- Goswami Service Station, GNB Road, Silpukhri, Guwahati
- Ambika Service Station, Zoo Road Tiniali, Guwahati
- Saraighat Service Station, Adabari, Guwahati
- Baruah Service Station, Ambari, Guwahati
- Deka Filling Station, Rukminigaon, Guwahati
- Kiran Service Station, Beltola, Guwahati
- Nessa Service Station, GS Road, Guwahati
- Prabhat Oil Station, Santipur, Guwahati
- Shree Service Station, Betkuchi, Guwahati
- Kiran Fuel Station, Nursery, Guwahati
- Shivam Filling Station, Borbari, Guwahati
- Baroi Service Station, Borbari, VIP Road, Guwahati
- NES, Lakhra Road, Guwahati
- Raj Energy Station, Jyotikuchi, Guwahati
- Refinery Co-operative Petrol Pump, Noonmati
It needs mention here on Sunday, the day the lockdown came into effect, the district administration announced that that 23 pumps would be kept open for re-filling purposes despite the strict observance of lockdown. You can check that list HERE
Although the pumps will be kept open during this period, the district administration has necessitated the strict observance of rules among the filling station employees as well. In a notification, the district administration has directed all the staff working at the filling stations to be dressed up in their respective company's uniforms and keep their ID cards with them at all times. They have also been asked to wear masks during duty times and maintain social distancing.
At the same time, the number of COVID-19 positive cases in Guwahati city has continued to spike upwards. Himanta Biswa Sarma, taking to Twitter earlier today, stated that as many as 172 cases have been detected in Guwahati within a time span of 24 hours.