All Assam Cab Mazdoor Sangh Appeal to CM Sarma for Financial Assistance
The All Assam Cab Mazdoor Sangh (AACMS) has appealed to the Chief Minister to provide the cab drivers and their families financial assistance and introduce a relief scheme.
GUWAHATI: The All Assam Cab Mazdoor Sangh (AACMS) has appealed to the Chief Minister to provide the cab drivers and their families financial assistance and introduce a relief scheme.
In a memorandum to Kamrup (Metro) Deputy Commissioner, the AACMS underlined that the cab drivers are in distress after being affected by the COVID pandemic. "In the last few days, our incomes have become zero. Now it has become impossible to survive. Despite this, several drivers have died after suffering from COVID-19 and still many drivers are affected by the virus," the AACMS stated in the memorandum.
Financial Support for Cab Drivers in Assam
The body has put forward the following conditions before the district administration –
* The State government should provide financial assistance to every cab driver.
* Special financial support for family members of drivers who are under treatment of COVID-19 or who have already died due to coronavirus infection.
* Vaccine for every cab driver as soon as possible.
* EMI for all commercial vehicles should be extended till March 2022. And also the validity of all commercial vehicles should be extended till the same date.
* Continuation of meter taxi service in the city.