GUWAHATI: In an unfortunate incident, an ambulance caught fire while the vehicle was transporting a patient at Guwahati's Jatia area on February 23.
According to first-hand information, the ambulance bearing registration number "AS01JC7128" caught fire due to a short circuit.
The ambulance was travelling from the Ganeshguri area in Guwahati to Kahilipara.
Speaking to the media, Dipur ACP Himanshu Prasad Das said "The patients are safe however the vehicle is completely damaged."
Meanwhile, fire tenders reached the spot and were able to successfully douse the fire.
This is a developing story..