New Directives on Eid celebration issued in Assam
Guwahati: The Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) has issued a revised and consolidated directive today for both rural and urban areas which will remain in force w.e.f 5 AM of July 20, 2021 until further order.
The salient features of today's order are as follows:
1. There will be total Containment in 5 districts showing a high positivity rate in recent days and these are Golaghat, Jorhat, Lakhimpur, Sonitpur and Biswanath districts.
2. The curfew in these districts will be for round the clock; however, in the districts showing moderate positivity rate viz. Goalpara and Morigaon districts, it will be from 1 PM to 5 AM and from 5 PM to 5 AM in the districts showing improvement in positivity and case load viz. Dhubri, Kamrup(M), South Salmara, Majuli, Bongaigaon, Chirang, Udalguri, West Karbi Anglong, Dima Hasao, Charaideo, Hailakandi, Dibrugarh, Sivasagar, Kokrajhar, Barpeta, Nalbari, Baksa, Bajali, Kamrup, Darrang, Nagaon, Hojai, Tinsukia, Dhemaji, Cachar, Karimganj and Karbi Anglong.
3. All work places, business/commercial establishments, shops, dealing with groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, animal fodder, Restaurants, Dhabas and other eateries, Sale counters, showrooms etc. of cold storages and warehouses will be closed till further order in districts showing high positivity rate, will be open up to 12 Noon in districts showing moderate positivity rate and up to 4 PM in districts showing improvement in positivity rate.
4. There will be a total ban on movement of all public and private transport in the total containment districts. However, movement of goods shall continue.
5. In other districts, All Public transport authorities shall enforce COVID-19 appropriate behavior and seating inside the vehicles, carriers, containers etc.
6. All inter-district passenger transport services and movement of people to and from other districts shall remain suspended.
7. Public gathering is ban in total containment districts. In other districts, up to 10 persons are allowed for marriage or funeral programme.
8. Wearing of face mask is compulsory in all public places.
9. Regarding the celebration of Eid, all persons are to celebrate from their home. Namaz at Mosque is allowed with only 5 persons maximum including the religious head.
10. Excise authority will take strong action against illegal production and sale of country liquor in all the districts.
Other restrictions including the odd-even formula for plying of vehicles, declaration of containment zones etc. and exemptions as notified in the order of July 6, 2021 shall continue to remain in force except those specifically modified by this order.