CCOEEEP State convention against EAB-2021 organized in Guwahati
The CCOEEEP (Co-ordination Committee of Electricity Employees, Engineers, & Pensioners) organized a State convention against Electricity (Amendment) Bill
GUWAHATI : The CCOEEEP (Co-ordination Committee of Electricity Employees, Engineers, & Pensioners) organized a State convention against Electricity (Amendment) Bill-2021 (EAB-2021) at ASEB (Assam State Electricity Board) Pensioners Bhawan in Guwahati on August 1.
During the convention, the CCOEEEP extended its support to the nationwide strike called by NCCOEEE (National Coordination Committee of Electricity Employees & Engineers) on August 10 against the move of the Ministry of Power to place the EAB-2021 in the ongoing Parliament session arbitrarily.
Despite the COVID-19 pandemic situation, a huge number of delegates took part in the deliberations and criticized the Centre for their 'aggressive move' to pass the anti-people Bill by placing it in the public domain.
The convention also congratulated all concerned officers and employees for collecting all-time high revenue during July in APDCL.
They have placed the following demands during the convention –
* Scrapping of Electricity (Amendment) Bill-2021, Electricity Policy and Standard Bidding Document.
* Withdrawal of move to privatize electricity and cancellation of all existing private licenses and franchisees in the power sector.
* Reintegration of all power utilities in States and UTs with function components of generation, transmission and distribution.
* Reintroduction of Old Pension Scheme and scrapping of New Pension Scheme.
* Completion of the ongoing projects on a war footing and installation of new power stations to make APGCL self-sufficient in power generation.