GUWAHATI: A fire broke out at the 132 KV power-house in Jagiroad Paper Mill on Tuesday morning. As per initial reports, goods and machinery worth several lakhs of rupees were destroyed by the fire. Soon after the incident, several fire tenders rushed to the spot. It took them more than two hours to completely douse the flames.
Initially, the factory staff tried to douse the flames but they failed as the fire was intense. As of now, police officials are yet to ascertain what started the fire, but they suspect short circuit could have led to the incident.
Also Read: Guwahati City