Guwahati, June 24: A fire broke out in the third floor of an apartment styled as Nirvana Apartment on RG Baruah Road in the city. Inner decoration work for commercial purpose was in progress in the flat when the fire broke out. Significantly, fourth floor of the apartment is used for residential purpose.
The cause of the fire is suspected to be short circuit. The fire service personnel dowsed the fire after about one hour of fire fighting
While the fire was blazing, an elderly person was trapped on the terrace. However, the NDRF and fire tender personnel managed to rescue him.