GUWAHATI: A fire raged out in the market area of Beltola on Wednesday night, incurring a loss of lakhs of rupees. The source of the fire is still untraceable; however, police suspects that it was due to a banana ripening room catching fire due to the use of carbohydrate gas heat oven. The plot was owned by one Jatin Kumar of Dharmapur Path. 2 cylinders burst up in the heat along with 2 scooty vehicles and property losses in lakhs were reported. Commissioner of Police Deepak Kumar and DC Biswajeet Pegu visited the spot, while 10 fire brigades arrived to douse the fire.
Also Read: GUWAHATI CITY