GUWAHATI: As the mortal remains of the former chief minister Tarun Gogoi will be cremated on Thursday, the Guwahati Traffic Police has issued regulations to be followed during this period.
For smooth function of the traffic movement during the funeral procession, the traffic guidelines to be followed are as follows:
* The byelane from Chenikuthi from Latasil side emerges infront of Kali Mandir will be blocked.
* The road from NabagrahaMandir that comes towards cemetery will be blocked.
* Road blockade incoming from Chandmari P.S. side at BhupenHazarika House point – only outgoing allowed from Nabagraha side.
* Block from GNB road side the Karnachal road Byelane – only outgoing from Nabagraha side (adjacent to Kali Mandir).
* Traffic at TC point will be regulated – vehicles from Lamb road side towards Dr.B. Borooah Road will be diverted.
* Traffic at Chandmari point will be regulated – vehicles coming from Noonmati side towards Zoo road side will be diverted.
* Enforcement of strict no parking on the following roads:
i) GNB road – from Guwahati club upto Tribune off- (both side).
ii) Nabagraha road – from Silpukhuri up to beyond cemetery.
iii) Karnashal road – from Nabagraha road turning up to Bhupen Hazarika house point.
Parking will be allowed at the following places:
* Engineering Field, Chandmari
* All pilot/escort vehicles of protected persons coming to the funeral will be cut at the Silpukhuri-Nabagraha road junction and they should proceed to the AEI field, Chandmari for parking, or to the Guwahati Club Rotary.
* Persons coming to attend the funeral will have to park their vehicles at the AEI field, Chandmari, and then proceed to the Crematorium.