GUWAHATI: At a time when residents of Guwahati have been busy in celebrating Diwali with crackers and other fireworks, the Wednesday evening turned a nightmare all of a sudden to the families of Subudh Mallik and Maya Chakraborty. According to a police source, a sudden fire broke out at Raghunath Path near Barsapara Stadium on Wednesday evening and burnt two houses owned by Maya Chakraborty and Subudh Mallik into ashes. Notably, there were six families as tenants in the residence of Maya while there were 13 families as tenants in the residence of Subudh. Meanwhile, 6 fire tenders arrives on the spot and doused the flame.
Two houses gutted near Barsapara in Guwahati