CM distributes tractors among farmers

By our Staff Reporter
GUWAHATI, May 6: State Chief Minister Sarbanda Sonowal today distributed tractors to self-help groups belonging to plain tribe and backward classes at a function at Madhavdev Intertiol Auditorium at Srimanta Sankardev Kalakshetra here.
Speaking on the occasion, Sonowal said: “To improve the farmers belonging to plain tribe and backward classes our Government has been taking several schemes. Farm mechanization scheme is one such programme for the welfare of the people of backward classes. For economic empowerment of all the 26247 villages in Assam their productivity has to be increased and Chief Minister’s Samagra Grammya Unyan Achoni has been launched to stimulate productivity in all the villages”.
Stating that ture has its bounty in Assam, Sonowal said that all efforts should be made to strengthen the organic sector of Assam which has the potential of paving the way for good health. He urged the farmers to lay emphasis on organic farming and assured government help in this regard. Sonowal professed, “On our quest for economic development we should not ignore our environment, our ture”.
Reiterating Prime Minister rendra Modi’s aim of making the Northeast ‘an organic hub’ of the country, he called upon the famers to contribute in their best possible way to transform Assam into an organic hub.
Altogether 225 tractors were distributed to the self-help groups that are engaged in agriculture. Sonowal also urged the beneficiaries to make a good use of the tractors and use them for their economic development. He also asked the WPT&BC Department to conduct an inspection of the tractors once in three months and examine their physical and mechanical health and undertake repairing steps if required to maintain a good maintence legacy.
Under the scheme the government has borne 75 per cent of the cost of the tractors and the remaining 25 per cent has been borne by the beneficiary.

Top Headlines

No stories found.
Sentinel Assam