Top
Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Dispur diverting central funds for distribution of yarn: Deka

Sentinel Digital DeskBy : Sentinel Digital Desk

  |  23 March 2016 12:00 AM GMT

By our Staff Reporter

GUWAHATI, March 22: Senior BJP leader and MP Ramen Deka has accused the Congress government in Assam of diverting funds for central schemes like NLCPR, AIBP, BARD and NRHM for the distribution of yarn and blankets among the people for the benefit of the party.

Talking to newsmen in the city today, Deka said: “Only 30 per cent of the funds meant for NLCPR, AIBP, BARD, NRHM etc., are used for the purpose. The remaining 70 per cent of such funds is diverted by the State Fince Department, especially by the Additiol Chief Secretary, Fince, for the distribution of yarn and blankets among the people for the benefit of the Congress. The officials concerned shouldn’t be politically inclined and biased to any political party.”

Meanwhile, speaking at the same press meet, BJP Assam Pradesh Minority Morcha president Mominul Aowal said: “The Congress and the AIUDF have been working hand in hand for the Assembly elections. AIUDF legislators voting in favour of the two Congress candidates in the recently concluded Rajya Sabha polls is enough for one to conclude that the two parties have been working under the common intent of safeguarding the interests of illegal Bangladeshi immigrants. It was Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi who himself appealed to all political parties to vote for the two Congress candidates.”

Aowal said: “There has been no change in the condition of the minorities in Assam after the 15-year rule by the Congress. The AIUDF, on the other hand, has been using the minority people as its political raw materials. The state Wakf Board set up for the benefit of the minority people has not been able to deliver any goods. Had there been just four per cent utilization of the Rs 2,000 crore assets of the Board, it would have yielded an annual revenue worth Rs 1-1.50 lakh.”


Next Story