Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Roadway to MACT for accident compensation

Sentinel Digital DeskBy : Sentinel Digital Desk

  |  14 March 2015 12:00 AM GMT

Motor accident? Motor Accidents Claims Tribul (MACT) deals with matters related to compensation of motor accidents victims or their next of kin. Such claims may be against loss of life/property and injury resulting from motor accidents.

MACT courts are presided over by judicial officers from a state’s higher judicial service. Now such courts are under direct supervision of high courts of the respective states.

A roadmap to MACT is given here in the interest of a section of people who never happen to move MACT claiming damages.

Who can report to MACT in cases of accidents?

A victim can report to MACT himself/herself or through an advocate in cases of persol injury, through an advocate in cases of minor applicant below the age of 18 years; and in case of death, the legal heirs themselves or through their advocate. In case of property damage, the owner of the vehicle has to report it to MACT.

Documents that should accompany the petition:

1. Copy of the FIR registered in connection with the accident, if any.

2. Copy of the MLC/post-mortem report/death report, as the case may be.

3. The documents of identity of the claimants and of the deceased in case of death.

4. Origil bills of expenses incurred on the treatment along with treatment records.

5. Documents of educatiol qualifications of the deceased, if any.

6. Disability certificate, if already obtained, in an injury case.

7. The proof of income of the deceased/injured.

8. Documents about the age of the victim.

9. The cover note of the third party insurance policy, if any.

10. An affidavit giving details of the relationship between the claimants with the deceased.

Next Story