Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Two die in city fire

Sentinel Digital DeskBy : Sentinel Digital Desk

  |  27 Oct 2016 12:00 AM GMT

By our Staff Reporter
GUWAHATI, Oct 26: In a tragic fire incident, two people died at Shahila Expositions Pvt Ltd, Royal Enfield, at Chandan gar, VIP Road, Six Mile in Guwahati this afternoon. Mystery shrouds the cause of the fire. The two deceased have been identified as Bhulu Karmakar (55) of Bamunimaidam and Motlib Ali (20) of Adabari at Mukalmua in lbari district. According to eyewitness accounts, the victims were working in a room for soundproofing when the fire broke out. One Ashraful, who was also working in the room, survived the fire. While a section of workers says that the fire broke out due to short circuit, another section says that dendrite and foam kept in the room might have caught fire. “We are investigating the case. We have sent the bodies for post-mortem,” the police said. A forensic science laboratory team has been requisitioned to investigate the incident. The owner of the showroom is Nobidur Islam Lashkar.

Next Story