Running is not that simple as it sounds. There are some people who easily get tired after a few meters of the walk, so running becomes very difficult for them. However, there is no specific rule to increase running stamina but you can follow some guidelines that would keep you injury-free.
It is not about having as much of a longer walk but there are several other factors that determine how much you'll be able to run.
The beginning is crucial. Don't start to run all of a sudden without doing stretching. Warm-up and walk for a little prior to running. Maintain a constant speed while running. It's not necessary to run at a fast pace. You can start with faster walking and then medium pace running at a constant speed.
Make a goal that per day you need to run this many kilometres and determine the time accordingly.
How to increase stamina?
You won't reach your goal in just a single day. So try to take baby steps and have patience and set goals. First, walk and run at a slower pace but longer distance, wear comfortable clothes and shoes, eat good food to increase stamina. Below-mentioned is some steps that will help to increase stamina:
1. On treadmills, always play around with the interval setting and work on incline mode as well.
2. Take your trainer's advice in order to work on flexibility and do a bit of weight, elliptical training, and cross-fit. Do squats, spinning programs, lunges, etc.
3. Relaxing is essential
4. A healthy diet is mandatory. Have more food enriched in protein, calcium, vitamins, essential fats, iron, and fibre.
5. Do not skip meals. Have egg whites, green vegetables, cereals, lean meats, fish, soy fruits, milk, and nuts regularly.
6. Drink sufficient water. Hydration is a must.
7. Eat meals before and after running and rest for at least twenty minutes.
8. Avoid running with an empty stomach
9. Also, do not overeat before and after running.
10. Other physical activities like sports, cycling, dancing, swimming can aid in building stamina.
11. Outdoor running is best than going to the gym.