Know About Top 10 Side Effects Of Artificial Sweeteners
Many people who remove artificial sweeteners from their diets have found their health conditions being improved. Read to know the top ten dangers of consuming artificial sweeteners.
Artificial sweeteners are widely used by people across the world to add the taste of sweetness to their foods and drinks. But though artificial sweeteners are easily available it has many side effects that you must know.
People often prefer these sweeteners instead of sugar being unaware of the fact that are many danger signs associated with it.
So here are the top 10 dangerous facts about artificial sweeteners:
1. Lowers Metabolism: If you consume artificial sweeteners on regular basis it may lead to a lowers metabolism by causing a delay in the balance of glucagon and insulin that usually controls the blood glucose in the body. This process may ultimately result in overeating as you will feel hungry most of the time.
2. Completely Artificial: Many might be unaware that no natural ingredients have been added to artificial sweeteners and are made using synthetic substances therefore it is very harmful. It is hard to digest by the human body so you need to be careful before consuming artificial sweeteners.
3. Weight Gain: Consuming artificial sweeteners regularly may lead to gaining much weight within a very short period of time as it impacts the gut bacteria which affects the body's metabolism.
4. Affects Insulin Hormone: When a person eats something sweet, the insulin in the body is released which affects the blood glucose level and adversely affects the insulin hormone. This will increase hunger and results in eating more than enough.
5. Extremely Unsafe: Artificial sweeteners are not safe for the human body and some of the sweeteners like Ace K and Aspartame are completely banned in some foreign countries. These sweeteners used by people in large have carcinogenic side effects on human beings.
6. Effects on Prenatal Development: A pregnant must choose to stay away from consuming any kind of artificial sweeteners as they are harmful to both mother and the baby. It results in preterm delivery which is unhealthy and risky so such sweeteners are not allowed during pregnancy.
7. Causes Memory Loss: There are many studies that suggest that the regular consumption of artificial sweeteners may badly affect the brain causing memory loss in a person. These sweeteners directly attack the brain's neurons and can destroy the cerebellum.
8. Causes Numerous Diseases: According to several studies artificial sweeteners are found as the reason for many serious diseases like metabolic disorders and Type 2 Diabetes. Such sweeteners also cause neurological problems and chronic kidney diseases.
9. Risky for children: Children must always avoid all beverages and foods that are made adding artificial sweeteners as there is a high risk associated with it.
10. Depression: Apart from the physical issues, people consuming artificial sweeteners also face mental issues as they remain in depression for most of the time. The diseases caused by artificial sweeteners ultimately result in depression.