Bleeding gums can indicate the formation of several gum diseases; therefore, it is quite necessary to take special care of your gums that hold your whites firmly.
Causes of gum bleeding:
• An unhygienic mouth can build up various bacteria, which can result to a plaque on your gum line which in turn can cause inflammation and bleeding in the gums.
• Deficiency of Vitamin C and vitamin K in the body can also cause bleeding gums.
• Poor oral hygiene is the major cause of all the diseases in gums and teeth.
• Tobacco can be harmful to your gums.
• Poor eating habits can be the causes of bleeding gums.
Here are some home remedies to have healthy gum:
1. Rinse your mouth with salt water: Salt has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce the swelling and stop infections that cause bleeding gums. Mix some salt in lukewarm water and rinse your mouth thoroughly. Use it at least two to three times a day.
2. Honey: Having anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, honey can kill the bacteria causing bleeding gums. Take some amount of honey on your fingertips and massage on your gums gently.
3. Turmeric: Turmeric has history of healing infections. It can help stop the gums from bleeding. Mix some turmeric and mustard oil and massage the mixture gently on your gums.
4. Tea tree oil: Rinsing the mouth with tea tree oil is very helpful as it contains some of the natural antibiotic properties which help in removing the bacteria and blood clotting.
5. Clove Oil: Clove oil for long has been known as one of the better ways to deal with oral problems. Three drops of clove oil should be mixed with the coconut oil and the mixture should be applied to the bleeding area of the gums.
Other effective natural ingredients may include aloe vera, ginger, baking soda, neem, apple cider vinegar and lemon juice which can works wonders to your gums.
Also watch: Assam Agri Minister Atul Bora Not a Factor: AJP