Guwahati: Google has had a long-standing tradition of using Doodles to celebrate and educate netizens about figures from history or a historical event or as a celebration of religious holidays and commemorative days such as Environment Day.
Today's Google Doodle focuses on Covid-19 or rather how to stay safe in the midst of this raging pandemic. Today's Doodle reminds people to wear face masks and take proper care of their hygiene to stay safe amid the coronavirus pandemic. The animated doodle shows all the letters developing legs, wearing face masks of different colors, and observing social distancing to keep themselves and others safe.
The varying colors of face masks also indicate that these are the new fashion accessories and can be paired with outfits accordingly whenever one steps out. The World Health Organisation (WHO) says that it is mandatory for people to wear face coverings at public places as they can help in preventing the spread of the virus. WHO has further underlined that masks alone are not the perfect protection mechanism to combat coronavirus: physical distancing and proper hygiene are also important.
The doodle links to a series of steps one can adopt to lessen the spread of coronavirus. These steps include washing hands for 20 seconds frequently with soap and water or an alcohol-based sanitizer; utilizing face masks in situations where physical distancing cannot be practiced, avoiding touching your face often, and much more.
Important Steps to follow to avoid the spread of coronavirus:
- Clean your hands more often. Use soap and water, or an alcohol-based sanitizer.
- Wear face masks when social distancing is not feasible.
- Maintain a safe distance from others.
- Avoid touching your face often.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
- If you have fever, cough, and difficulty in breathing, seek medical help.
- Cover nose and mouth with a tissue or bent elbow when you cough or sneeze