Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Harry-Meghan makes statement after dropping Sussex Royal brand

Sentinel Digital DeskBy : Sentinel Digital Desk

  |  24 Feb 2020 11:40 AM GMT

LONDON: The UK’s Prince Harry and his wife Meghan Markle have made an extraordinary statement laying bare their frustrations after being forced to drop their Sussex Royal brand, the media reported.

In the statement, the couple claimed that the Queen does not have “jurisdiction” over the term “royal” overseas while confirming they would no longer be trademarking the name, the Metro newspaper said in a report on Saturday. Outlining their new roles within the monarchy, the couple suggested that they had been treated differently to other royals who have been allowed to seek employment outside of the institution while retaining their titles. Expressing regret they had not received all the concessions they had hoped for, the statement said: “The preference of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex was to continue to represent and support Her Majesty.

“While there is precedent for other titled members of the Royal Family to seek employment outside of the institution, for The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, a 12-month review period has been put in place”. (IANS)

Also Read: Harry-Meghan Markle sack all 15 UK staff members: Report

Also Watch: Bir Lachit Sena leader Shrinkhal Chaliha demands release of Akhil Gogoi and other KMSS leaders

Next Story