Guwahati: Seven people were arrested accused in the serial bomb blast that took place in the capital of Srilanka. The death toll in the serial blasts rose past 200 which occurred at churches and hotels in Srilanka.
According to information, the death toll rises to 207 from all the hospitals and around 450 injured people are admitted to hospitals. Three police officers were also killed in a raid on a house in Colombo on Sunday. However, further details of the raid on the house in the Sri Lankan capital were not immediately available.
The Sri Lankan government has also declared a curfew and blocked access to major social media and messaging sites including Facebook and WhatsApp.
It was further reported that the suicide bomber waited patiently in a queue for the Easter Sunday breakfast buffet at Sri Lanka's Cinnamon Grand Hotel before setting off explosives strapped to his back.
The man carried a plate and had registered at the hotel the night before as Mohamed Azzam Mohamed set off his devastating strike in the packed restaurant just when he was about to be served, according to the manager of the Sri Lankan hotel.
The manager further informed that the Taprobane restaurant at the hotel was having one of the busiest days of the year for the Easter holiday this weekend.
The Shangri-La in a statement said that the bomb hit at approximately 9 am local time at its Table One restaurant.
According to report, the death toll rises to 290 and 500 injured including five Indians in the worst violence that hits the island nation since the civil war that ended a decade ago. The Indian embassy in Colombo identified two Indians who were killed in the blasts as G Hanumantharayappa and M Rangappa.
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj had also identified three other Indians killed as Lakshmi, Narayan Chandrashekhar and Ramesh. Indian High Commission in Colombo has conveyed that National Hospital has informed them about the death of three Indian nationals. Swaraj in a tweet said that Indian High Commission in Colombo @IndianSL will provide all the help and assistance and helpline numbers have also been launched. The numbers are +94777903082, +94112422788 and +94112422789.
One of the most expensive hotels, The Kingsbury positioned near the city's World Trade Centre in a statement on its Facebook page, the hotel said that on behalf of the entire Kingsbury team they share in the shock, grief and mourning of the entire nation in the aftermath of the recent attack. The hotel further said that medical evacuation and treatment of the injured guests and employees were handled immediately and the hotel had been isolated for further safety checks.
Also Read: INTERNATIONAL NEWS