WWF India Job Senior Project Officer 2019
Human-elephant conflict (HEC) threatens the lives and livelihoods of both humans and Asia’s elephants, constituting one of the most serious threats to elephant conservation. It is crucial that conservation organizations work together to systematically address the drivers of HEC. Yet conservation organizations lack access to even the most basic data related to HEC and elephant ecology across India. For that reason, WWF-India is ramping up our scientific and conservation endeavors with respect to elephants in our Brahmaputra, Western Ghats, and Terai Arc Landscapes
- Post Name: Senior Project Officer- Elephant Biologist
- Qualification :PhD in biology, ecology, behavior sciences, botany, wildlife conservation, or other discipline related to elephant biology and/or human-wildlife conflict; OR Masters in one of these fields with demonstrable publishable research; AND Demonstrated abilities in scientific writing; Competency and demonstrated accomplishment in rigorous research design and statistical analysis (preferably using the program R)
- Experience: Exposure of working with research and conservation institutions. Collecting and managing data. Writing and publishing peer-reviewed scientific papers. Working in teams and managing teams of at least two other people. Working in elephant landscapes. Engaging respectfully with communities suffering from human-elephant conflict. Proficiency/fluency in Assamese and/or Hindi is desired
- Locations: i) Western Ghats/Nilgiris Landscape ii) Brahmaputra Landscape
- Job Type: Full Time
- Interview Type: Written-test
- Location: Guwahati
- Job Role: HR
- Last Date: 10 Dec 19
Submission Details: Please submit an up-to-date CV (mentioning your full name in the resume attachment), giving details regarding compensation received in the present assignment, expected salary, and three references.
In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please mention “SPO-Elephant Biologist (Location)”, in the subject line. The vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only. Applications of only the shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
WWF-India is an equal opportunities employer. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian NGO pay scales and will depend upon candidate’s experience levels and the overall WWF-India salary structure. WWF-India does not provide housing, telephone or vehicle facilities.
Last Date for sending applications: 10th December 2019
Detail Notification: Click Here
Also read: IIT Guwahati Job for Junior Research Fellow