About National Bureau of Plant Genetic Resources, Delhi
The need for the establishment of an organization to undertake activities of plant introduction and germplasm augmentation for use in crop improvement was felt as early as 1935 by the 'Crops and Soil Wing' of the then 'Board of Agriculture and Animal Husbandry'. The need was reiterated in a meeting of the Indian Society of Genetics and Plant Breeding in 1941, which inter alia discussed the subject of economic crops. Dr. B.P. Pal, working at IARI approached the then Imperial (now Indian) Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) to set up a unit for assembly of global germplasm under phytosanitary conditions in India. The ICAR scheme for 'Plant Introduction' commenced functioning in 1946 in the then Botany Division of IARI under the leadership of the Late Dr. Harbhajan Singh as the first 'Operational Scientist'. The unit was further expanded and strengthened as 'Plant Introduction and Exploration Organization' in the Botany Division in 1956 and later developed as a separate 'Division of Plant Introduction' in IARI in 1961. Subsequently, on the recommendations of the 'High-Level Committee constituted by the Government of India in 1970, the 'Division of Plant Introduction' was upgraded to an independent institute 'National Bureau of Plant Introduction' in August 1976 which was rechristened as 'National Bureau of Plant Genetic Resources (NBPGR) in January 1977.
National Bureau of Plant Genetic Resources, Delhi Latest Job Recruitment 2021
National Bureau of Plant Genetic Resources, Delhi invites candidates for the vacant post of a technical assistant. Interested candidates can check the relevant details given below
|National Bureau of Plant Genetic Resources Job Opening|
|Post Name||No.of Posts||Salary||Job Location||Application Fee||Age Limit||Educational Qualification|
|Technical Assistant||1||As per NBPGR norms||New Delhi||None||As per NBPGR norms||As per NBPGR norms|
Steps to follow
- First, visit the official website @ nbpgr.ernet.in
- And check for the NBPGR Recruitment or Careers to which you are going to apply.
- Download the application form for Technical Assistant Jobs from the official website or Notification Link.
- Check the last date before starting the application form.
- Fill the application form without any mistakes.
- Pay the application fee (If applicable) and submit the application form to the below address along with required documents with self-attested, before the last date (31-Dec-2021)
- Capture the Application form number/courier acknowledgment number for future reference.
How to apply
Interested and eligible candidates can apply through the prescribed application form. The Applicant needs to send the application form along with relevant documents to the National Bureau of Plant Genetic Resources, Pusa Campus, New Delhi – 110012 on or before 31-Dec-2021.
- Start Date to Apply Offline: 23-11-2021
- Last Date to Apply Offline: 31-Dec-2021
For more information please visit the official website of NBPGR, Delhi: nbpgr.ernet.in