Yes, the New Year coming to a close, the end of the year party is the best way to celebrate the coming year with friends and some festive activities. If you're planning to throw a house party, there are certain things that you need to keep in mind to enjoy your New Year with friends while also being responsible. From snacks to decorations to fun games, you may have thought you have everything covered, but there are a couple of things to keep in mind to have a smooth and enjoyable party.
Here's a list curated by us about what you need to do while planning a house party:
2. Invitations to your close friend: Make your invitation more digital and festive if you want to go easy on the pocket. However, have small invitation cards with a simple font and some balloons can go a long way.
1. Create an attractive ambience: While throwing a New Year Eve party, keep in mind the right kind of environment. Have dim lighting, cosy fireplace probably on the terrace, have fairy lights to create a warm atmosphere. You can also go nuts with some amazing DIY decoration ideas with thread lamps, having woollen coasters and much more.
3. Get a party theme: While every NYE should be about spending time with loved ones if your group is larger then having a theme just makes it even more festive. It could be an all-black or red or even based on superheroes and favourite cartoons. Bounce off some ideas with your planning partners.
4. Play some fun games: While food and snacks are a must, having fun games involve everyone at the party. For those who are introverts, it is a good place to get to know new faces. Plan fun games that will involve the guests, one as asking about new year resolutions. Get a few polaroid cameras and pass it among your guests so that it makes the party more memorable.
5. Music: Plan a customized playlist (have each guest send you their favourite songs in advance) that will serve as the source of entertainment all night—all of these small instances will go a long way with your guests.