If we talk about eating chocolate, the one thing that comes to our mind is about children as they love it. But the fact is that it is not only loved by children, we all love it but we are afraid that it can cause cavity, diabetes and many more. Are you aware of the amazing benefits of Chocolate? Here are some interesting benefits that chocolate contributes in making us healthy:
Chocolate decreases stroke risk
- A study on health has discovered that eating more than 45 grams of chocolate per week results in a 20 per cent decrease in stroke risk, mostly in the case of women. Since it contains flavonoids, whose antioxidant properties that help in fighting with strokes and reduces stroke risk.
Chocolate reduces the likelihood of a heart attack
- Consuming chocolate also prevents clotting of blood, which reduces the risk of heart attacks. Studies reveal that blood platelets clump together more slowly in sweet eaters.
Chocolate protects against blood inflammation
- A study conducted in 2008 shows how heart disease will decrease if you eat one Hershey’s every day. A minimum of 6.7 grams of sweet (dark) per day keeps the blood inflammation-inducing proteins away.
Chocolate helps with one in solving maths
- A group of psychologists from British found that flavanols (a class of flavonoids, which is available in chocolate) aided people with their mental math. The findings suggest that students who take it when revising for exams may gain a real benefit from doing so, the British Telegraph reported while talking about the benefits of chocolates.
Chocolate helps in preventing cancer
- Cocoa powder that is immensely found in chocolate contains a compound; pentameric procyanidin; that disrupts cancer cells’ ability to spread. When researchers from the Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center at Georgetown University treated cancer cells with pentamer back in 2005, the proteins necessary for cancer growth were suppressed and the cells stopped dividing.
Chocolate Reduces the risk of diabetes
- A study small done at the University of L'Aquila, in Italy, found that eating chocolate increases insulin sensitivity, and therefore reduces the risk of diabetes.
Chocolate is good for your skin
- Eating Chocolate is actually good for your skin or we can say preferably dark chocolate! Flavonoids found in dark chocolate protect women’s skin from the sun’s UV rays, according to German scientists. But that doesn’t mean that one needs to stop using the sunscreen.
Chocolate control coughs
- One of that mouth-watering way to kick your cough is chocolate. One of the sweet’s chemical components, theobromine, seems to reduce the activity of the vagus nerve, the part of the brain that coughing fits.
Chocolate also improves blood flow
- In 2008 Harvard scientists did a research on two weeks of enhanced chocolate intake. They have found that a fortnight of chocolate face-stuffing sped up blood flow through their subject’s middle cerebral arteries. It won’t be an exaggeration to say, more chocolate means more blood to your brain.
Chocolate also strengthens your brain
- Researchers at the Johns Hopkins University found that dark chocolate shields cells in your brain. Thereby it protects one from damage caused by stroke. Epicatechin, a compound found in chocolate, reduces the brain damage in mice who suffered strokes.
Chocolate makes you live longer
- Last but not the least, another amazing benefit of chocolate is that it makes you live longer. Eating two and a half pounds of dark chocolate per week actually add years to your life!
Seeing such amazing benefits that chocolates have, it seems that eating chocolates can only be good and one must be encouraged to have it.