Not willing to leave your cosy bed early in the morning for a walk? No time to hit the Gym for shedding few extra kilos, then Cardamom or more popularly known as Elachi could be a simple yet natural solution for becoming a fitter you.
Cardamom or known as Elachi in Hindi is an Ayurvedic staple well-known for its weight loss properties. It is claimed that the highly fragrant spice contains anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and diuretic properties. The aromatic spice, when added to tea, desserts or dishes, not only gives flavour but also does wonders to your health.
Cardamom not only do wonders in losing body weight but is also widely known to help detoxify the body, fight indigestion, boost the immune system, lower blood pressure and many other health benefits. The spice is often used to treat bad breath and prevent cavities. It can also help cure respiratory disorders and regulate blood sugar levels too. If you’re looking for a natural approach to shed those extra pounds and get rid of that stubborn belly fat, adding cardamom water to your diet can help you get back in shape as well as improve overall health.
How cardamom water may aid weight loss
- Cardamom can help with digestive issues, such as bloating. : The popular spice is an excellent remedy to de-bloat and improve the digestion process as well as enhance your gut health.
Cardamom can help curb your cravings and increase fat metabolism: Cardamom contains powerful nutrients that aid in weight loss and weight management
- Cardamom may help prevent fat deposition in the abdomen: Research has shown that animals fed cardamom powder supplement were able to fend off the accumulation of fat in the belly and with no major side effects.
- Cardamom helps reduce Blood Pressure: The diuretic properties in cardamom may also help lower blood pressure.
How to make and use cardamom water for weight loss
- Just crush the cardamom pod and extract seeds from it.
- Put the pod peel and seeds in a glass of water and leave it overnight.
- Drink cardamom water in the morning every day
But, only drinking cardamom water won’t be just enough to shed those extra pounds unless it is followed up with a well-balanced diet and a proper fitness routine. Moreover, cardamom extracts and supplements should be taken with caution and under the supervision of a doctor although they may provide benefits.