Eat Clean Stay Lean the Diet
The best way to lose weight is by eating a healthy diet that is full of fat burning foods. If slimming down and losing weight is your motive then you must read this. In order to lead a healthy and fit life, it is imperative to improve one's lifestyle habits, and when it comes to weight loss, a person's diet can make or break the deal.
Diet plays a major role in the weight loss journey; however, to see effective results and live a fit and healthy life, it is important to work out as well. A diet devoid of greasy foods and unnatural sugars can do wonders for your body.
Clean eating will not only help you shed those extra kilos but also improves your skin health as well. A few dietary changes can bring a significant impact on your overall health.
Here are five expert tips to stay slim and healthy:
- Never skip your breakfast in order to get slim. One should work on increasing their body's metabolism. One such habit that impacts the body's metabolism is that of skipping breakfast. Expert nutritionist Dr. Anju Sood says, "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, skipping breakfast can severely affect your weight loss aspirations. In a bid to shed extra pounds, you choose to give your breakfast a miss, which slows down your metabolism. Our metabolism is the highest in the morning. To sustain metabolism in the morning, you must have a mix of complex carbs and proteins."
- Drinking fenugreek water before going to bed helps us to lose weight effectively. It is effective for the ones who have a good digestive system. According to Ayurveda Expert, Dr. Ashutosh Gautam, "Fenugreek seeds facilitate weight loss to a great extent. Regular consumption of "methi dana" generates heat in the body and helps in managing and losing weight. It also acts as a great antacid and helps strengthen the digestive system. It should be consumed at least half an hour or one hour before bedtime."
- Home-cooked food can help you cut the flabs effectively, provided you have paired it with regular workout regimes. Food served in restaurants is not only processed but also high in salt and fat content, which can ultimately render a negative impact on your weight.
- Broccoli is a powerhouse of health benefits. It is loaded with antioxidants and is a good source of vitamin C and fiber. According to Consultant Nutritionist Dr. Rupali Datta, "The low-cal veggie is a perfect option for those on a weight reduction diet. Since it is also a decent source of fiber, it lends to early satiety." You can eat this green-headed veggie in boiled or steamed form.
- Although, freshly cut fruits, when blended with the milk/ yogurt make a healthy drink, loading up on the same, might just end up hampering your weight loss efforts. Ayurvedic expert, Dr. Dhanvantri Tyagi explains the physiology behind the milk and fruits combination in the body, "fruits and milk are two of the most nutrient dense foods that you must have, but preferably alone. If taken together, it results in immense energy release in the body. And, when this excess of energy is not utilized by the body, it starts getting stored in fat cells and result in weight gain."
Losing weight doesn’t necessarily have to be a difficult task. All you need to do is you just have to focus on these five pointers and you’ll be on your way to a clean or uncomplicated eating plans and habits. This will make you feel pumped up; have better health quotient, and your food choices will be easier.