Taking care of one's nails is very important when it comes to maintaining hygiene. Keep your hands moisturised, coat them properly and choose proper lacquer, suggest experts. Ragini Mehra, Founder at Beauty Source and Sapna Bedi-Khaitan, Owner and Operator at Reign Studio, list down some ways to take care of nails:
* Practice good hygiene: It is clear that without taking a proper care of our nails its become little brittle and thin and so, it is so essential to have a regular maintenance routine of it. No doubt to go for Manicure and pedicure it helps in keeping them healthy and shiny looking. Just make sure that you should go to those salons that have technicians and who have undergone proper training. Wear gloves for better nail care when working with your hands, such as when you are gardening or housecleaning, to protect the polish and keep dirt out of your nails.
* Choose correct lacquer and nail care collection: Putting the polish on it does not harm our healthy nails, but many of your favourite polishes and acrylics and are full of chemicals that are harsh and it can cause brittleness, dryness, and thinning. Ensure that you use products that are paraben-free, sulfate-free, formaldehyde-free, toxin-free, gluten-free, cruelty-free and vegan.
* Hydrate your hands: It is an advise to wash the hands with lukewarm water because it helps us to keep the hands and nails soft and smooth. Also, apply a hand cream frequently which is enriched with fruit extracts. It will help in restoring and make the hands look hydrated and moisturised.
* Coat it up: Bottom and top coat may seem unimportant, but they help to keep our nails from chipping, splitting, cracking and strengthen and protect the nail from being stained. The coats also do an amazing job like it smoothing imperfections. Just pick and try up a top coat which has an external barrier harder than traditional top coats, so it’s more durable against wear and damage. Also, take care of UV protection in the formula to combat environmental damage to include fading and yellowing.
* Extension: Even nails are one of the important parts of our body that can say more of a person. In fact, many of the people look at the hands because they say a lot about each other’s personality, the way of life. Presentable nails are equally important and if your nails do not grow and it is always short, then it’s very beneficial to go and get nail extension done.