One of the beautiful tropical fruit; pineapple; offers a lot of health benefits. Pineapple is not only delicious and thirst quenching fruit, it is loaded with several vitamins, enzymes and also antioxidants that help in boosting our immune system, improves bone health and aid indigestion.
Besides, even though the fruit is extremely sweet, but it is low in calories. In the book Healing Foods by DK Publishing juicy and cooling, pineapple is a good source of manganese, which may boost men's health, and contains sufficient amount of vitamin C. The central part of the fruit contains the proteolytic enzyme bromelain, a powerful anti-inflammatory that is used to treat bowel and joint problems.
However, although this is a mouth-watering healthy fruit it is a tough task to peel a pineapple, for which why most people avoid taking whole fruit home and cut it fresh. Well, if you are among them who have faced the same problem, then your worries end right here!
Now peel a pineapple by following these simple steps. But before that let us have a look at how to buy a fresh pineapple:
- First of all select the fresh looking pineapples that are comparatively bigger in size and have a sugary, charming aroma at the end of its stem.
- Always keep in mind that you should not pick a pineapple with crumpled skin. The wrinkled skin is a sign that the fruit has passed its prime and is too old to be bought.
- Also if the skin is squishy and soft, it is better to avoid that fruit. That fruit has already started to get rotten.
- Keep your eyes wide open while buying the fruit and in no way bring home a pineapple that has any signs of the pattern on it.
- If possible try to pick a big pineapple because when we cut the fruit, most of the external part of the fruit is discarded. Also, a bulky and big pineapple definitely yield more fruit to eat.
- Moreover, the wasted leaves will speak about the age of the fruit. Therefore, look out for fresh leaves.
Now the question is how to peel the pineapple?
- First of all lay the pineapple on the table top and with the help of a jagged knife, chop off the top and bottom part of the fruit.
- Secondly, place the fruit on its flat bottom and cut off the sides lengthwise from top to bottom. The peel is about one to two inches thick and it is important to be careful while y peeling the fruit. Also, try not to chop off the yellow flesh with the peel.
- Remove the black spots and once you are done you can cut the pineapple in whichever way you would like to eat it.
Last but not the least, here are some amazing recipes that this wonderful fruit gives you to prepare at home:
- Thai Pineapple Rice Recipe is the delightful combination of sweet pineapple chunks and also hot spices. This is a special delicacy that nobody would like to miss.
- Grilled Pineapples recipe consist of sweet and tasty grilled pineapple rings with grilled chicken will add more flavor to your party!
- If you want to make something sweet and creamy then go for Chilled Pineapple Cheesecakes! One can bet that with chilled pineapple cheesecake recipe you will be a very good treat to your tongue and belly as well
- with lamb, pineapple bits, fish sauce, stock and a melange of spices there comes the soupy delight which makes the yummy Vietnamese Lamb And Pineapple Soup.
It's your time to treat your guest with these amusing recipes. Happy Eating!