The month of November has arrived and along with it comes the No Shave November or Movember. The No-Shave November is a month for men to avoid shaving and growing mustaches for the whole month as a mental health initiative. This actually focuses on bringing awareness about the health of men in general but specifically, it's regarding cancer.
Numerous people from all over the world undergo radiation therapy or chemotherapy and as a result of the treatment, they lose their hair. So having a little hair on the face for a month seems to be a good way of being a little thoughtful of their painful efforts. Movember is a charity originally founded in Australia which shows more concern over mental health focusing on suicide prevention and testicular cancer. The charity works with veterans and men with prostate cancer
The rules for No Shave November:
• Starting a Conversation: Start a conversation of your own by first talking about the growing amazing beard on your face and then discussing the hasty matter that men usually don't like to discuss with anyone. Your discussion may include the issues related to mental health and checking for testicular cancer. You may through this take a step forward to save your father, son, or friends.
• Raising Funds: Being uncomfortable talking about such things you may participate in fundraising by making a fundraising page through the website and then promoting it. Make your participation by putting your money at a place where your hair grows.
• Giving Funds: Help those who had taken up financial pledges by making social media pages to bring awareness for reducing suicide cases. Movember can be encouraging for us to run 60 miles in the month for the 60 men we lose to suicide every hour worldwide.
• Buying Stuffs: Buy new grooming products from grocery products that are donating a part of proceeds to the causes of mental health in November to keep men healthy and handsome. Various programs like American Cancer Fund, Fight Colorectal Cancer got benefit from these fundraising initiatives from Movember.
Other essential routines to be followed during No Shave November:
• Take proper care of your skin by washing and moisturizing regularly day and night
• Look for beard growing kits that can help your face get used to hairs
• Take Iron Folic Acid and vitamins like Vitamin A, B, C, and D.
• Drink required water and maintain a proper diet
• Let your beard grow and on becoming thick don't be quick in trimming