Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutation is an ancient technique of paying respect to the Sun. For centuries, people from all cultures and civilizations offer prayers to the Sun- the ultimate source of life and energy and Surya Namaskar is one of the unique practices which is known for its multiple life-changing benefits.
Surya Namaskar constitutes 12 different yoga postures which is a form of expressing gratitude to Mother Earth.
• Ashwa Sanchalanasana
• Ashtanga Namaskar
• Ashwa Sanchalanasana
For a lot of people, the 'Surya Namaskar' is an excise that strengthens one's back and muscles. But, the most important thing that one should know that it is a complete workout package for your entire physical system.
According to Ancient Indian sages, the regular practice of Surya Namaskar enhances the size of the solar plexus. This, in turn, increases your creativity, intuitive abilities, decision-making, confidence, and leadership skills. This is why the practice of Surya Namaskar is highly recommended.
It can change one's life if done in the right way and at right time. But you have to give time for the change to show. Regularly practicing Surya Namaskar enhances the size of our Solar plexus, which increases our creativity, intuitive abilities, decision-making, leadership skills, and confidence. The most appropriate and beneficial time to do Surya Namaskar is the time at sunrise when the sun rays revitalize our body and freshen up our mind, though it can be done at any time of the day. Practicing in the afternoon time, it energizes the whole body instantly whereas practicing in the evening helps us unwind.
Among the many benefits of Surya Namaskar here are a few:
♥ It helps lose weight
♥ Gives glowing skin
♥ Improves the digestive system
♥ Cures irregular menstrual cycle
♥ Helps maintain blood sugar level
♥ Helps detox
Doing Surya Namaskar at a faster pace is a good cardio exercise, which can help in weight loss. The postures of Surya Namaskar helps in stretching the abdominal muscles which cause fats around the belly burn. It also improves the metabolism of the body.
Surya Namaskar helps to burn a lot of calories. By doing it for 30 minutes only we can burn almost 416 calories, running burns 414 calories, weightlifting burns 199 calories, tennis burns around 232 calories, rock climbing burns around 364, and football burns around 298 calories.
Surya Namaskar boosts blood circulation, which gives our skin and faces its radiant glow. It also prevents skin from aging. It also helps in the smooth running of the digestive system. It increases the blood flow of the digestive tract which ensures better functioning of the intestines. It also prevents gas problems.
Surya Namaskar helps in better regulation of the menstrual cycle. By doing this regularly eases the process of childbirth, makes the abdominal muscles stronger and ensures less painful experience during the menstrual cycle.
By performing Surya Namaskar regularly; we can notice differences in our mental health also. It helps improve memory and the function of the nervous system. It also helps us calm down and get rid of anxiety. It helps in maintaining an efficient inhalation and exhalation process. It also improves sleep patterns.
• The instructions are to be followed properly to maintain the correct body posture while holding each Asanas.
• Practicing proper and rhythmic breathing is a must in order to enhance the benefits.
• Follow the steps in an orderly manner as they are designed to work in a flow, breaking the flow will delay the desired results.
• Practice on a daily basis to make your body get used to the process.
• Drink a lot of water to keep the body hydrated and energized through the process.
• Do not try to hold on to any complicated postures for too long, it can cause injury.
• Do not jump to repetitions quickly, increase the number of cycles on how your body gets comfortable with the Asanas.
• Do not distract while holding the postures as it might hinder to get the desired results
• Do not wear too tight or too baggy clothing that comes in the way of holding the postures. Always prefer wearing a comfortable outfit while practicing Surya Namaskar.
Make Surya Namaskar a habit and say goodbye to medicines or pills. Lead a much healthier life.