Both Vedic Vaastu and astrology gives a lot of importance to Saturn (Shani) as it has lot of influence on us. Saturn controls justice and results. This planet imparts Karmic effects i.e. good or bad results according to one’s deeds. If the position of Saturn is bad in someone’s natal chart, there will be lot of problems in life for that person. On the other hand, a strong Saturn in the horoscope showers the person with happiness, luxury, wealth etc. Lord Shani’s gaze or Drishti is supposed to be very bad and so those offering Puja to him should not look into his eyes. Saturn is the ruler of the West direction. Vaastu defects in the west angers Shani Maharaj and there are bound to be ill effects.
VAASTU RULES FOR SHANI DEVTA
West facing houses should be carefully designed as per Vaastu to avoid the wrath of Shani. When the main door faces the west, two big or thick trees should be planted on both sides of the door. A Shani Yantra should be installed on the main entrance on a Saturday.
Donot keep any dirty stuff or the garbage bin at west. This infuriates Lord Shani and the household comes under his bad influence. Poverty creeps in such houses.
If there are any windows at west, they must be smaller in size than the ones at East. For west facing houses, a door at west must be compensated by a door at east. In apartments, where this is not feasible, a large window should be provided at east.
The north-western part must have an opening (like a balcony, window or door) otherwise there will be mental tensions.
There should not be a kitchen at west.This produces domestic quarrels and financial stress.
Master bedroom at west can also induce differences between the husband and the wife.
A Shani Yantra can take care of defects at west.
(Image of Shani Yantra)
IMPROVEMENT OF RELATIONSHIPS
The relationship between the father and the son becomes like two friends as time passes by.But due to several factors, the relationship gets strained causing a rift between the two. It may be due to property or financial disputes, over daughter-in-law/mother-in-law problems, low income, etc. These problems force the son sometimes to leave the parents.Many times some Vaastu defects in the house become the cause of rift in the father-son relationship.
According to Vaastu Shastra, the biggest reason for the tension between father and son is the defective northeast corner of the house. Due to any type of Vaastu defect in this corner, there is a quarrel between father and son. Therefore, to get rid of all these, the northeast direction of the house should always be kept clean. Also, the dustbin should never be kept in this direction since it leads to a rift between the members of the house and everyone becomes jealous of each other. A Guru Yantra should be installed at northeast on a Thursday.
(Image of Guru Yantra)
VAASTU RULES FOR MONDAY
Mondays are dedicated to Lord Shiva and his devotees observe this day with special puja and offerings. Lord Shiva is very simple at heart and is easily pleased with his devotees. We have already discussed what to offer on the shivling and what are to be avoided(like Tulsi leaves). By certain special ways of observing a Monday, one can attain peace and prosperity by appeasing Lord Shiva.
1. The shivling should be bathed with Panchamrit (Panchamrit is a holy drink made with five ingredients- milk, curd, ghee, honey, sugar) and then sandalwood paste (Chandan) and Bibhuti (sacred ash made of burnt dried wood, burnt cow dung)should be applied on it. Bel leaves, Dhatura flower and Shami leaves should be offered.
2. It is very auspicious to do Rudrabhishek on Mondays. Rudrabhishek puja is performed by giving a sacred bath to Lord Shiva along with flowers and the holy puja materials. It is believed that one can get rid of sins by doing it with Gangajal.
3. For improvement of finances, the shivling should be bathed with sugarcane juice (ganna ki ras) on Mondays.
4. To have wishes fulfilled, a deepdaan should be done on Mondays at the Shiva temple. Donating a lamp or ensuring that one remains lit at a holy location is referred to as “Deep Daan”. Black sesame seeds should be mixed with rice grains and donated on Mondays to get rid of Pitru Dosha. (Image)
5. It is very auspicious to chant “Aum NamahShivaye” 108 times on Mondays. Donate Rudraksh to the Shiva temple on Mondays for marital bliss.
6. While offering puja to Lord Shiva on Mondays, white clothes should be worn. Never wear black coloured clothes on Mondays. It is very good to apply a tilak of chandan (sandalwood paste) for success in work or assignments.
Q1. I have a tree in my house which has a big beehive. Is it good to have bees in the compound?
Ashok Das Via email
Ans. Vaastu considers it an ill omen if bees are planning to build a hive in and around the house.
Plots having trees with beehives should be thus rejected. Bees generate negative energy field likeanthills or snake holes which form geopathic stress. So cut the tree or branch.
Q.2.A have a friend who has been married for more than 10 years but not having any issue.The childless couple is very close to me and they are very depressed because of this.They have consulted doctors and everything seems to be normal. Can vaastu help them in any way?
Name withheld on request.
Ans. Sleeping in a wrong room like northeast and certain Vaastu defects may cause problems for
pregnancy. Please find out the Vaastu parameters of the couple’s residence. You may request them to consult an advanced Pranic Healer.