New Delhi: The Reserve Bank of India has recently notified about the days when banking operations will remain closed in the month of December 2020. As we enter the last month of our calendar today, the banks will remain closed for around 11 days in total this month.
However, it is to be noted that the bank holidays differ from state to state and many of these holidays are not observed by all the banks, especially the private ones.
Except for Christmas, that is, December 25, there are many state-specific holidays in the month of December. The holiday for Christmas is placed under the Negotiable Instruments Act and Real-Time Gross Settlement Holiday by the Reserve Bank of India.
As per the regular bank holidays, banks will be closed on second Saturday and fourth Saturday. The second Saturday of December falls on December 12, while the fourth Saturday falls on December 26.
Check the list of Bank Holidays in the month of December 2020 here:
1. On December 1, banks will be closed due to 'Ordinary Elections to Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation 1'
2. On December 3, banks will be closed on the occasion of 'Kanakadasa Jayanthi/Feast of St. Francis Xavier'
3. On Dember 12, banks will be closed for 'Pa-Togan Nengminza Sangma'
4. On December 17, banks will be closed for 'Losoong/Namsoong'
5. On December 18, banks will be closed for the 'death Anniversary of U SoSo Tham/Losoong/Namsoong'
6. On December 19, banks will be closed for 'Goa Liberation Day'
7. On December 24, 25 and 26, banks will be closed due to Christmas Festival
8. On December 30, banks will be closed for U Kiang Nangbah
9. On December 31, banks will be closed as it will be the New Year's Eve