NEW DELHI: In the month of February 2022, banks will be closed for 12 days, according to the Reserve Bank of India's list of holidays.
National and regional holidays are classified by central banks. The first group of events results in bank closures across India, whereas regional holidays result in branch closures in select states.
Basant Panchami and Guru Ravidas Jayanti are two prominent festivities that take place in February. Aside from that, other states' banks will be closed because of their own festivals.
It's vital to be aware of bank branch closures because it may disrupt clients who need to physically attend and complete their business. Customers should be relieved to learn that online banking services will continue to work even on weekends. Recent RBI modifications, NEFT, and other online channels now work on holidays as well.
For people who need to visit bank branches to complete their tasks, the following are the upcoming holidays in February 2022
· February 2 – Sonam Lhochhar (Gangtok)
· February 5 – Saraswati Puja/ Shri Panchami/Shri Panchami Basant Panchami (Agartala, Bhubaneswar, Kolkata)
· February 6 – First Sunday
· February 12 – Second Saturday
· February 13 – Second Sunday
· February 15 – Mohammad Hazrat Ali Birthday/Louis-Nagai-Ni (Imphal, Kanpur, Lucknow)
· February 16 – Guru Ravidas Jayanti (Chandigarh)
· February 18 – Doljatra (Kolkata)
· February 19 – Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Jayanti (Belapur, Mumbai, Nagpur)
· February 20 – Third Sunday
· February 26 – Fourth Saturday of the month
· February 27 – Fourth Sunday.