New SBI Branch Change Process Online: India's largest public sector bank, State Bank of India (SBI) has come up with a move that would be of huge relief for its customers. It has announced that if you have a savings account in SBI and you want to change the Bank Branch, then you can do this work online from the comfort of your home using SBI's Online Banking services.
There is no need to visit to any SBI branch for branch change task. SBI has made this entire process online in view of the COVID pandemic.
"If you need help in transferring your account from one branch to another, then SBI has got your back. Use YONO SBI, YONO Lite and OnlineSBI from the comfort of your homes and bank safe," SBI tweeted.
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND FOR ONLINE BANK BRANCH CHANGE
You can easily branch your SBI account via Internet Banking. To enter the request to change the branch of SBI savings account via Internet banking, you will need the branch code of the branch of the bank, where you want to transfer the account. Your mobile number should also be registered in the bank and Internet banking should be started.
Procedure to Change Your SBI Bank Branch Online
HERE IS THE STEP-BY-STEP PROCESS TO CHANGE YOUR SBI BRANCH ONLINE...
• Log on to SBI official website onlinesbi.com
• Click on 'Personal Banking' option
• Click on User Name and Password
• After this, you will have tab of e-service in front, click it
• Click on Transfer Savings Account
• Select your account to be transferred
• Write the IFSC code of the branch you want to transfer the account to
• Check everything once and press 'Confirm' button
• You will get an OTP on your registered mobile number. Fill it and then press Confirm
• After a few days, your account will be transferred to the branch you have requested for
You can also change your branch through YONO app or YONO Lite other than online process. Your mobile number must be linked to your bank account, or else you will not be able to change the account without OTP.
Due to the rising number of COVID cases in India, SBI has made all its services online so that the customers do not have to go to the branch and do any work.