Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Man Seeks Divorce from Spouse Alleging She's 'Not A Female', SC Issues Notice to Wife

The Supreme Court justices in the issued notice asked the woman to respond to her husband's plea seeking divorce stating that she had cheated after their marriage.

Man Seeks Divorce from Spouse Alleging Shes Not A Female, SC Issues Notice to Wife

Sentinel Digital DeskBy : Sentinel Digital Desk

  |  14 March 2022 1:04 PM GMT

NEW DELHI: The Supreme Court has recently issued notice to a wife so that she responds to her husband's petition filed against her alleging that she cheated him on marriage being not a female.

The husband in the plea seeks divorce as according to him his spouse has faked with her gender and lied that she is a female but according to the medical reports she is not.

On Friday 11 March the bench of justice presided by Justice MM Sundresh and Justice Kishan Kaul ordered the spouse to reply to the petition filed by her husband challenging a Madhya Pradesh High Court order on 29 July 2021.

The Supreme Court issued the notice stating that the medical reports of the lady show penis and imperforate hymen that indicates she is not a female. The court ordered the wife to respond within the time period of 4 weeks.

According to the petition, the couple got married in 2016 and they did not consummate the marriage for many days as the wife refused it saying that she was on her period.

It was also added that when the husband tried to get intimate with his spouse he found that there was an absence of vaginal opening but had a small penis similar to a small child.

After this revelation, the husband decided for a medical check-up of his wife and then took her to a hospital. The doctor said that the women have a medical problem known as the imperforate hymen.

Imperforate hymen is a medical condition a girl is born with which a hymen covers the vaginal opening being a blockage at the vagina.

As mentioned in the petition, the lady had earlier undergone surgery and came back to her husband's house after the operation.

The man alleged that the father of his wife entered his home and forced him to keep his daughter by threatening him.

So he decided to complain about the matter with the police and also moved to the Supreme Court seeking separation from his wife who allegedly cheated on him.

Also read: Successive Defeats Have Proved That Gandhis' Can't Take Congress to Victory: Assam CM

Also watch:

Next Story
Jobs in Assam
Jobs in Rest of NE
Top Headlines
Assam News