Top
Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

MP labourer finds diamonds worth Rs 35 lakh in Panna Mines

The labourer, who has been identified as Subal, was working in a shallow mine when he accidentally dug up the diamonds

MP labourer finds diamonds worth Rs 35 lakh in Panna Mines

Sentinel Digital DeskBy : Sentinel Digital Desk

  |  14 Aug 2020 11:52 AM GMT

Guwahati: A labourer in Madhya Pradesh became a millionaire in an instant after he found three diamonds whose worth has been estimated to be roughly between Rs 30 lakh and 35 lakhs at a diamond mine in Panna district of the state.

The labourer, who has been identified as Subal, was working in a shallow mine when he accidentally dug up the diamonds.

R K Pandey, the district's diamond officer, said that the net weight of the diamonds was 7.5 carat.

Pandey informed that Subal deposited the stones at the district diamond office and the diamonds will be auctioned as per government rules.

The official also said that there will be a 12% tax deduction and Subal will get the remaining 88% of the money.

This is not the first case of miners and laborers becoming millionaires overnight. In the month of June, a miner from Tanzania found two massive Tanzanite stones.

The miner, Sanuniu Laizer earned a whopping $3.4 million (Rs 25 crores) after he sold the gemstones to the country's mining industry.

The stones had a combined weight of 15 kilograms and were reportedly the biggest Tanzanine stones in the country.

A month later, Laizer got lucky again and found another great gemstone that is reportedly worth $2 million.

The third stone found by him weighed a whopping 6.3 kg.

Also Read: Nagaland pineapple farmers face tough times due to impact of COVID-19
Next Story