Lucknow: AIMIM supremo Asaduddin Owaisi on May 16 said that Muslims are not ready to lose another Mosque after the fall of the Babri Masjid and his statement comes in the wake of a claim made in the Varanasi court that a Shivling was discovered in the Gyanvapi mosque compound during a survey.
Uttar Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya, via his official Twitter handle, reacted to the development by saying, "No matter how much you hide the truth, it will come out one day." "Satya hi Shiv hai (Truth is Shiva)," he added.
The Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) has said that the discovery has further solidified the claim that a temple earlier stood on the spot.
A Varanasi court had earlier instructed the district administration to seal a pond in the Gyanvapi Mosque complex after counsels representing the Hindu petitioners said that a Shivling was found during a videography survey mandated by the court.
Meanwhile, Owaisi had referred to the demolition of the Babri Masjid in Ayodhya back in 1992 and an incident in 1949 when idols of Hindu deities were placed there. The AIMIM chief also appealed to the Muslims to take a pledge that they will not allow history to repeat itself in Varanasi.
In a video posted on his twitter handle, Owaisi said Muslims are not ready to lose another Mosque after the Babri Masjid.
"When I was 19-20 years old, the Babri Masjid was snatched from us, and inshallah, we will not allow this to happen with children of the age group," he said.
We know your tactics and we will not allow you to sting again," he said in what seemed like a reference to right-wing Hindu outfits.
"The mosque exists and it will exist inshallah till the judgment day. The Gyanvapi Mosque existed and till the time Allah keeps the world intact, the mosque will remain," he added.