Guwahati: The National Federation for New State (NFNS), on Wednesday, releases a press statement in demand of new states in India. As a move to draw country-wide attention, the association organized a press meet on November 14 at Mavalankar Auditorium. Through their press release, they have made it clear that they are staging a 3-hour Dharna at Parliament Street in order to express discontent towards the present NDA government over the issue of new statehood demands in the country.
Through this dharna, NFNS places the following demands as resolved by the constituent state demanding stakeholders:
- It is resolved that the Creation of Small States will be a fulfilment of the long-standing constitutional demand of the people demanding separate statehood.
- The fulfilment of this longstanding demand is the only way to ameliorate the prevalent political, social and economic disparity of the regions demanding separate statehood.
- Self-representational aspirations being the foundation and corner-stone of Democracy, as a true democratic country, Government must find ways to accommodate the aspirations of the people to represent themselves administratively, socially and politically.
- The Government must evolve a National Policy and frame Regulations for the creation of new states in accordance with the provisions of Part I of the Constitution of India.
- NFNS calls upon all political parties regional as well as national to engage with the idea of the creation of new States in the country keeping in mind the letter and spirit of Articles 2 and 3 of The Constitution of India.
- NFNS resolves to continue its united movement and demand for creation of new states in a democratic and non-violent manner and in accordance with the provisions of Articles 2 and 3 of The Constitution of India.
The Federation seeks new states in the nation and is strongly sticking to their demand to make sure that the government nods to their demands this time.
Also read: Assam news