World Liver day is observed every April 19 to spread awareness about the second-largest organ in the body.
The liver not only filters the blood, but it also functions in processing nutrients, producing bile, regulating hormones, maintaining blood sugar levels, blood clotting, and fighting infections
Because of unhealthy lifestyles, inorganic foods, stress, and increasing exposure to water, a lot of people suffer from several liver diseases.
As per reports of WHO, almost 10 lakh Indians are diagnosed with liver Cirrhosis each year.
Liver illnesses are among the 10 major causes of death in India. Liver diseases account for the third most common cause of cancer-related deaths. Mostly fatty liver disease appears as a booming cause of liver damage.
As we celebrate World Liver Day today, it is necessary for us to learn about the need for liver-healthy lifestyles and liver detoxification practices.
How to keep your Liver Healthy?
As per the government's national health portal, here are the tips to cleanse your liver:
- Lemon, lime juice and green tea can help in liver cleansing
- Make sure to include cruciferous vegetables (Cabbage, Broccoli and Cauliflower) in your diet
- Turmeric use in food can help
- Use olive oil
- Garlic, carrot, apple, grapefruit, green leafy vegetables, and walnuts
- Avoid alcohol, smoking, and drugs
- Always maintain your weight to lead a healthy lifestyle
- Include exercise daily in your lifestyle
- Always eat a healthy and balanced diet