From our correspondent
Itagar, Jan 3: A six-year-old boy, identified as Tarh Tagung, was electrocuted on Monday here.The deceased reportedly climbed on a high voltage transformer and came in touch with a live wire. Such was the impact that the body was reportedly tossed up in the air for a few seconds and landed on the highway. Officer-in-charge of Itagar police station T Bage said that the boy died on the spot.“A UD case under section 174 CRPC has been registered. Post-mortem has been conducted and the body has been handed over to the family,” said OC Bage.Late Tagung was the son of Tarh Tame and Tarh Yayum of Yangte circle under Kra Daadi district and was currently residing here at E-Sector.The Tarh Welfare Society in a release claimed that the boy while playing with his friends unknowingly went inside the unfenced high voltage transformer leading to his death.Alleging negligence, they have appealed to the State Power Minister to conduct an inquiry and arrest the erring officials and suspend all the responsible staffers at the earliest.