6 Junior Scientific Officer (JSO) jobs in Assam Science Technology & Environment Council (ASTEC), Assam
Applications are invited, in Standard Form published in part IX of the Assam Gazette from eligible in-house candidates, who are domicile of Assam and serving the Assam Science Technology and Environment Council (ASTEC) for at least five years as on 01.08.2018 under various projects, for filling up of six (6) vacant posts of Junior Scientific Officer (JSO) in the Office of the Director, Assam Science Technology & Environment Council (ASTEC) in the Pay Band-4 of Rs. 30,000.00 – Rs. 1,10,000.00 and Grade Pay of Rs. 12,700.00 per month plus other allowances as admissible under the Rules of ASTEC. The candidates may apply to the Director, ASTE Council, Bigyan Bhawan, G.S. Road, Guwahati-5 during Office Hours on or before 25 July 2018.
A. Eligibility Criteria:
1. Academic qualification: Masters degree in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Environmental Science, Zoology, Botany, Geomatics, Remote Sensing & GIS, Computer Applications, Geography, Geology OR Bachelor degree in basic and applied professional courses like B.E./ B.Tech, etc.
2. Desirable qualification: Experience of handling scientific, science communication and science popularization projects; organizing popular workshops/trainings/meetings etc.; proficiency in media relations, networking and compiling report, etc.
3. Age: Maximum 43 years as on 01-08-2018
4. Term & Conditions:
Incomplete applications shall be summarily rejected without assigning any reason thereof.
The reservation would be applicable as per existing rules.
The last date of receipt of application is on 25/07/2018. The applications submitted after due date shall not be accepted. Canvassing directly or indirectly will disqualify the candidate from the process.
No. TA/DA will be admissible for the journey in connection with the interview.
The undersigned reserves the right to reject or modify the advertisement and to cancel or postpone the interview without assigning any reason thereof.
Post/posts may be kept vacant if suitable candidates are not found.
Candidates fulfilling all the terms and conditions may submit their application along with the following documents:
1. Caste certificate, if applicable, from competent authority.
2. Valid Employment Exchange Registration Certificate.
3. Experience Certificate from concerned Divisional Heads.
4. 2 (two) copies of self attested recent passport size photograph.
5. Self attested copies of all educational certificates and testimonials in regard to past employment and experience.
6. The Envelope containing the application must be superscribed in bold letters as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF JUNIOR SCIENTIFIC OFFICER”
B. SELECTION PROCEDURE:
i) In the first phase, the candidates will be required to make a Power Point Presentation on his/her contribution to ASTEC in front of the Selection Committee.
ii) In the second phase, all candidates will face a viva- voce conducted by the Selection Committee on relevant subjects and topics of general interest to the ASTE Council.
Last Date: 25 July 2018
Detail Notification: Click here