New Delhi, Feb 21: The Asian Hockey Federation (AHF) on Tuesday confirmed the appointment of Abhijit Sarkar as its new Vice Chairman and also the Chairman of the AHF Commercial and TV Committee with immediate effect. The decision was taken after an Executive Board Meeting held on February 7. “I am deeply honoured to be selected for this position at the Asian Hockey Federation. Over the years with my deep involvement in the development of the sport, I am keen to support all Asian hockey playing countries to achieve better success and make a mark in the world of hockey,” Abhijit said in a statement. Abhijit has been associated with the Sahara India Pariwar since 2004, where he led the group in promoting various sports in India by sponsoring both the cricket team and the hockey team. He has served as the Head of Corporate Communications, Corporate Affairs and Relations, and the Sports Division at Sahara India Pariwar. IANS
You may also like
About the author
- South Africa Girls Taught well to Deal with Increasing Cases of Crimes against Women
- Bank Employee to go for Nationwide Strike on November 12
- OIL starts spudding of well in Kumchai area at Loc Kuar (Kumchai-15)
- Yellow Sweater And Blue Denim of Priyanka Chopra, A Very Far Fetched Dream!
- ‘100 Percent Organic State’ Sikkim Gets FAO Award For Best Policies
- Assam Chief Minister Welcomes the Court Martial of the Accused in Fake Encounter Case
- Tezpur University Jobs 2018 For Junior Research Fellow Vacancy for M.Sc, M.E/M.
- Ambedkar University Delhi Jobs 2018 for Research Assistant Vacancy for M.A
- PGIMER Jobs 2018 for Senior Research Fellow Vacancy for Any Post Graduate
- Mizoram CM Lal Thanhawla says Congress will return with more than 30 seats